Chapter 11: broken family

Recap

"It's just that...he entered that place. Dad and I have been fearing he would recall his past".

Recall his past...what does he mean?

I kept watching him, seeing him struggling to speak.

"I'm scared that Jungkook will start being violent again. That place...that's where he holds the most memories. Him finding that place makes me fear that he might turn back into his old self".

End of recap

Sia's pov

I watched him quietly. Trying my best to understand what he meant.

"And what was his old self like?" I asked softly.

He stopped for a second, our eyes locked, watching each other.

"It's best if you don't know. Besides I've told you a bit that day when you first met him."

First met him...

What will my husband think if he ever finds out about me and his younger step brother already knowing each other way before the assumed first meeting.

No, I can't ever let that happen. At no cost.

I opened my mouth to utter but nothing came out. I wanted to directly ask him about Jungkook's childhood in this mansion but stopped. I rephrased my question. So that I could get him to speak. I trust Jimin and I don't want to trick him but I don't feel at ease for some weird reason.

"How old is our mansion?" I asked.

He sat quietly for a while. Watching me in thought.

"Why'd you ask?" He questioned, softly. Staring at me as he awaited my response.

"You said father-in-law had this place built especially for us but when I entered the store room, everything seemed to be very old. The same can be said for that hidden garden. It seemed like no one has visited that place for years."

"I guess you must have figured out."

I listened attentively as each and every word of his piqued my interest.

"Dad told me not to say this but...we lied. We lied that dad had this place especially built for us. This mansion is actually 30 years old".

30?

"B-but why did you and father-in-law have to lie about it?"
I asked out of concern.

He looked away. Watching the white wall in front of us.

"This mansion....this is where me and Jungkook grew up."

S-So...Jungkook was telling the truth!

"That garden was his favourite place in the entire mansion. I remember we used to play there all afternoon. Everything was great, in fact we were the best of friends but with every passing year, he began getting more aggressive. He would get mad at the littlest things. It became worse when he started beating me up and attacking us with weapons as he became a teenager. Hence why dad had to send him abroad for medical treatment. The doctors clearly said to keep him away from anything that reminds him of his traumatic past. Especially something that could turn him violent again. Having no choice left, dad erased everything that Kook was fond of. As well as locking that garden up."