Chapter 10: Liar Liar

Recap
Entire childhood?

That can't be right.

If he spent his entire childhood here...why did Jimin say this mansion was newly build for us?

End of recap

Sia's pov

I continued watching him as I zoned out. His words repeating in my head.

Entire childhood...

He's lying. He's surely lying.

Jimin won't lie to me. There's no need for him to but for some odd reason, I'm not feeling at ease.

I wanted to inquire more but before another word could escape my mouth, he began speaking.

"All done, let's go inside".
With that he straightened up and dusted his hands before making his way towards the house.

B-but why inside? I haven't even finished cleaning the garden.

I got up slowly and hesitantly made my way inside the house. As I did, I caught a glimpse of him in the kitchen. Moving in, I could see him properly. He was behind the kitchen counter, cooking.

I was so busy cleaning that I didn't even realise when he brought the pans and food or even fixed the gas.

I stood in the middle of the living room, not knowing what to do.

"Sit down, that's enough for today".

F-for today?

"B-but I have to get it all cleaned. You said you'll punish me if I didn't clean it all by today".

He looked up with a mere smirk.

"I said you have to get it all done. I didn't say by when".

I-....

That's right he didn't. It was me who thought wrongly.

I can't believe I've been wearing myself out this entire time due to a misunderstanding.

"You've done very well on your first day. I can't punish you but I can certainly give you a reward".
He licked his lips as he looked me up and down.

"No. I-I don't want any rewards."
I looked away and quietly sat on the nearest couch.

I could hear him laughing lightly as he continued cooking.

We remained quiet for a little while as I kept my gaze away from him until he grasped my attention by switching the stove off. I could see him putting food in bowls before picking them up and walking towards me.

I watched him as he came over and placed two bowls of rice with sweet and sour shrimp on the coffee table. 

It looked.... delicious. I gulped at the sight of my favourite dish.

"Have something to eat. You've been working hard".

I looked up at him to see his gaze fixed on his bowl, as he picked up the chopsticks and brought the bowl closer to the edge of the table. He picked a shrimp up and brought his face closer before putting the entire thing in his mouth.