Chapter 38

As soon as i'd gotten into my car i'd got a call for a last minute tutoring session, and since I was doing nothing after I got the paintbrushes for Karsen and I's project, I decided to just help out a young mind.

Or maybe I was just feeling extra generous today. No idea why, I know its probably because of Karsen, but I don't to admit that to myself.

He's a really good thing in my life, and I learnt at a young age, all good things can be taken away from you, just as suddenly as they came, they can leave.

The tutoring session lasted until around five in the afternoon, and when I got home I had completely avoided my mother, walking upstairs, locking my door and stayed in my room till seven in the night, trying not to think about anything else other than work.

Then at seven i'd left my room, going down stairs to get a packet of chips before I ventured out to my art room to continue with the project whilst silently thinking, i'm not even sure what I was thinking about, but I was thinking about something alright.

That was of course till I got a text, and that was of course unusual for my anti social person, so I looked over to my phone, leaning over and looking down to the screen just to see his name.

Of course.

Karsen: Open your front door.

I blink at the text, wiping my hands with the cloth beside me before I took my phone and replied back to him.

Adrienne: No.

Karsen: Humor isn't for you Adrienne, just open the door, its cold out here.

I snort at that as I stand up, stretching my arms out before I make my way out the room and down the stairs, putting the lights on when I get downstairs.

Adrienne: Go home. I'm already asleep.

I send the text as soon as I get the keys from the key rack beside the door, and then I open the front door, just to see him texting me back.

I don't know why, but the mere sight of him makes me want to smile, for absolutely no reason too, this is so fucking weird.

I put my phone under my armpit as I cross my hands over my chest, cocking my head to the side. "Whats wrong?"

He looks up to me at the sound of my voice, beanie on, and he looks so damn cute with the pieces of hair that peak out.

I want to pull him down to me and kiss him into oblivion right here but I don't do it, I ignore my impulsive side and listen to him.

"Just wanted to see you." He says as he walks a little closer to me, putting his phone in his pocket.

He grips my chin, leaning down to kiss me but I turn my cheek away, letting him kiss my cheek instead.

"Why are your lips not on mine right now, Adrienne?" He asks, sounding annoyed too which almost makes me laugh, "If you want me to meet your family, you're gonna have to hold back on the kissing, it's... it's inappropriate."

He turns my cheek, hand sliding over to my jaw before kisses my lips five times in a row, fives pecks and I feel my heart swell as I finally kiss him back softly, wanting to giggle against his lips at the feeling but when he smiles all I feel is overwhelmed by emotion.