Chapter 36

After Karsen left my house i'd changed into my pajamas and moments later, I fell asleep. Which was surprising, since I was still agitated after my little argument with my mother but for some reason, seeing Karsen helped, a lot.

Now after showering i'd put on a random skirt and shirt i'd worn not too long ago before I left the house, not bothering to check on my mother before I left since it was evident that she could now take care of herself.

And even if she couldn't, she had her boyfriend. Aka, my father, or better yet, sperm donor.

I went to the café in the morning, a small part of me hoping to see Karsen there but when I didn't get too see him, I didn't really mind, I wasn't really sure if I was ready to see him after our talk last night.

Things had progressed fairly fast since we first kissed in that tent and now I don't know if thats a bad thing, or not.

I just ignored my raging thoughts as usual and made my way to my first class of the day, that is till I heard my name being called out behind me.

I turn around, looking back and to Summer, I stop for a moment so she can catch up and when she finally does, skipping over to me till she's in front of me, she yells excitedly, "Tell me everything!"

I blink when she grabs at my shoulders, pulling me closer to her and I yelp when im under her arm, pushed against her side and she turns us around and we walk further into the college grounds.

"Everything as in?" I ask her curiously, wondering why she was in such a great mood for a Monday morning.

"You and Karsen."

Uhh? What? I have no idea what she knows and what she doesn't, so what exactly would I even tell her?

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I joke and she snorts, shaking her head at me, but I knew she knew I wasn't one to share, which was why she didn't pry into the details of it all.

She leans in closer to my ear before she says, "You guys would be so cute together though."

I can only shake my head at that, even if Im half certain I start blushing a little too, which I hated. Of course I was blushing, but I hated that Karsen had that much power over me.

I know she wouldn't stop reminding me how much she actually wanted Karsen and I to be together, she'd probably continue to tell us that even if we got married to other people or something.

I was just about to reply back to her when suddenly another voice enters the conversation.

"Hey you two." Cherry greets us and we look away from one another, and to her in front of us, in a red sundress and boots, red hair in a high ponytail on her head.

My stomach coils at the sight of her, specifically because I knew she had a thing for the man who had a thing for me, and I possibly had a thing for him too but was too damn confused to actually talk about it all out loud.

I smile, well... I force a smile.

"Hi Cher." Summer greets her from beside me as she exchanges a quick hug with her, and then Cherry comes over to me and I hug her back, a side hug, quick and easy before moving to Summer's side once again.