Chapter 16

Karsen

Cherry was of course hosting the party, because Matt didn't want to. Both had unconventionally big houses, unconventional because they were single college students and had absolutely no reason to have huge ass mansions, but did anyway.

But Matt's was because his family had rented the house out for years before he moved to New York, when he moved here they just let him live in the mansion instead of buying another apartment or something.

As for Cherry? Her reason for a mansion was still very unclear to me and possibly everyone else too, but we never questioned it.

It was around nine when Matt and I got to her house, Jake not wanting to come either which was unsurprising because he never came along to parties anyway.

For some reason, it made me think about Adrienne, because she too didn't want to come here and im sure for the same reasons as Jake,

They just didn't get want be around the people here, and I knew she'd be great friends with not only Summer but Jake too, they'd probably bond over their mutual dislike towards all athletes, except that Jake hated all athletes except Matt, but Adrienne probably hated all athletes including me.

We weren't so bad though, that is until you met some of the actual assholes that im sure would piss most people off but most of us were decent human beings.

Jake came to a party once, and he really disliked it, Summer didn't really care about the people she didn't like, she came anyway because she got along with almost anyone, literally, and not because she was fake, but because she was just that type of person, a peoples person, she was just a calming ball of energy and it was nice having her around.

We could hear the music as we walked closer to the house having parked his car a few houses down since this place was packed and mentally, I knew it was a good idea Jake and Addy didn't come.

They'd want to go back home immediately.

I dropped the cigarette i'd been smoking, squashed it beneath my shoe before picking it up and throwing it away in a trashcan nearby.

"I don't know how you smoke that shit."

Cigarettes? It is kinda shit, but nicotine is insanely calming, which i'd learnt months ago, but I barely smoked, it was just a bad habit.

I'd smoke two cigarettes a week, six, or five most, which was good compared to most people who used up packets within a week.

Except that if it wasn't cigarettes, my substitute was caffeine. Which was no help in a certain department.

I shrug as I take a pack of mint flavored gum out from my back pocket, "Carrying vapes around everywhere is tacky, I don't meed to smell like a doughnut shop either."

He snorts but nods in agreement, "True."

We push open the metal door beside the tall gates, bending down and getting inside the houses front yard and hundreds of people come to sight, and this was just outside.

I shove my hands in my jacket pockets and walk beside Matt, "Jake was gonna come." He blurts out of no where and I blink, looking over to him. "Huh?"