Chapter 9

She said no.

Just a no.

Well not just a no because she'd explained why she couldn't let me do it alone but in the end, she'd not granted me the opportunity to do the project alone, that was the conclusion, we'd spoke, and she hadn't given me the permission.

That was literally it.

The more detailed version is that i'd spoke to her about being absent, that when I was absent it was because I wasn't ready to face her and being as understanding as she was, even if that was a very crappy reason on my part, she'd not dwelled on it, but then i'd asked for more.

I'd asked for the permission to work alone, telling her it'd be easier for me to work alone and she'd visibly tensed, and then she sighed like it was the worst thing I could've possibly asked for.

She'd told me a lot of people had requested changes with partners, and she'd had to decline them because it wasn't allowed, so of course if that wasn't allowed, working with no one at all wouldn't be allowed either.

She'd made a valid argument but I was a stubborn girl, so stubborn that I hadn't went to the class for the rest of the week, only having spoken to Karsen when i'd walked passed him in the hall to tell him that I couldn't make it later that day and then I left.

I was stubborn, and apparently... a little, childish, too.

Now I stood in the library as I packed some books away in an order I thought was better, even if they'd been shelved by the day worker, but I didn't much like his working style.

So I decided to redo it, pulling and pushing books into its given shelves till I was physically too tired to set out books anymore, having restocked an entire shelf which were pretty high up here, even using a ladder.

It was my happy place this library, one place I could do whatever I wanted with the things i'd always loved. 

Books.

I was a person who judged books by covers, maybe it had something to do with being an artist or maybe it had something to do with being extremely picky.

All the books I thought were similar in cover as well as in the same genre's would go to one side and the others to the other, almost like sorting it into different aesthetics after sorting it into its correct genre.

It worked well because i'd never heard any complaint on it but I knew if I did get a complaint i'd just ignore it, because it was one thing I had my own way and I didn't want it to be taken from me.

I climbed down the ladder when I was done and walked over to the counter, holding some books that were misplaced by people, wanting to reorganize them into their rightful spots in here but as I came to the counter and dropped the books down to it I took a break to look around and I saw the one person who seemed to enjoy popping into my life lately.

Karsen Krist.

But he wasn't alone.

He was at a table to the far right of the library with his friends, the two guys with him, messy blonde haired boy, ginger buzzcut boy and dirty blonde haired girl.

They were studying, evidently, talking between their studying and laughing and I looked away when i'd realized i'd been staring for sometime, swallowing as I took the books and separated it on the counter.