Chapter 4

As soon as she said February, which was six months from now, I was out.

Literally, out.

I'd packed up all my things and walked out the classroom and went to the library to hide my face and envelope myself in one of the books there instead, using it as my own personal form of escapism and for hours as I read and re shelved a few books i'd forgotten all about it.

That is until I got home, closed the door and reality hit me like a fucking truck.

I had to do a freaking partnered assignment.

With Karsen Krist.

I groaned at that epiphany, dropping my bag down on the floor beside the couch as I went around to get to the kitchen and eat something that was not beyond dead and rotting like that turkey sandwich from earlier in the morning.

I took out a frozen pizza and dropped it to the counter top as I put the heat on in the oven, waiting for it to preheat,

For awhile I just stood there, leaning on the counter, staring out the window, thoughts rushing through my brain till it suddenly stopped on one single person.

Karsen, like Carson, just with an E, instead of an O and a K instead of a C.

What'd I even know about the guy? I tried to think about it as I stood there, finding the information in my head, salvaging and little knowledge I had on him.

I knew Karsen Krist was one of the best football players in this college, but of course I knew that much, everyone knew that much, I heard things like the rest and i've seen announcements like everyone else has.

I knew nothing more about him, all I knew was how he looked.

He had short dark hair, and it was kinda wavy, and I think it just touched his eyebrows, not too short, not too long. He was tall, really tall, inhumanely tal- okay, thats a lie, he wasn't inhumanely tall, just taller than most people I knew but that was normal for most football players.

He had green eyes, that type of green that could come across as lighter or darker depending on the lighting or where he was positioned and actually, he kinda looked like Benjamin Wadsworth, not exactly, but a little bit.

He was rich, he was good at art, good at sport and I think he was almost annoyingly well known around campus.

So to sum it up, he was everyones golden boy, sweet and popular, meaning he was extroverted, thus also talkative.

That's all I knew, which were basically just the nitty gritty facts on him.

And that little knowledge that I had was deemed enough to have me praying that these next six months went by fairly quickly, that we would do well on the assignment, then leave each others lives like we hadn't been there in the first place and that I could continue like it had never even happened.

The thought of everything alone had felt like an inconvenience and we hadn't even done any work together yet.

I shook my head of the thoughts, like it was gonna roll out of me with the simple shake of my head, but before I could think any longer i'd remembered the pizza i'd be putting in the oven, and forced myself to only think about that.

===

The next day was relatively the same as it always was, except that I still wasn't over me leaving my last class the day before as well as the betrayal i'd felt when Ms Dickens had not let me do the project alone.