Chapter 28

After I showered, in another room. i'd called Summer up on my phone for some clothes, and of course she'd given me the tiniest denim shorts but a cute oversized shirt that was more me, thick black and white vertical lines over it and so i'd worn it even if I looked like a zebra's twin.

I pull the long sleeves up my arms now as I sat at the backseat behind Summer who was in the passenger seat and Chance who was driving, Matt and Jake in their own car and Karsen with them.

But he kept texting me, random emoji's before saying oops like that was believable. He made this mistake over thirty times in an hour drive. So no, not believable at all.

Still three hours left and I felt like groaning as I fell aside in the car, laying my head on the seat. I haven't been in a car ride this long since the accident, but i've grown out of that fear of being behind the wheel or even something as little as just being in a car.

Its just that it made me kinda queasy being in a car for so long, and I feel like that was maybe my bodies response to the trauma.

"You tired?" Summer asks as she turns around to look at me, seatbelt not on, and I want to tell her to put it on but im scared if I open my mouth i'll gag, or worse, throw up.

Maybe I'm just car sick.

I nod and she hums, "Sleep."

I nod again, closing my eyes just for another text to come through and I look to it, seeing a row of sad faces. I unlock the phone, rolling to my side and texting him back.

Me: Im trying to sleep douche.

His reply comes instantly.

Krist: My apologies, but you're awake now, so let's talk.

Me: Automated messages.

Krist: They work too well with what I'm saying.

I roll my eyes. He was such an idiot.

Me: What can I say? I know you like the back of my hand.

Krist: Can't say the same.

Me: Shut up.

Krist: I miss you.

Uhhh...

Me: Do you now?

Krist: Yep.

Me: It's just been an hour.

Krist: Worst hour of my entire life.

I smile, suddenly not as queasy since he'd distracted me quite well with his stupidity.

Krist: I'll talk to you later if you really want to sleep.

I bite my lower, smiling lightly.

Me: Thanks. I miss you too.

I literally power my phone off after that, not wanting to see his gasping emoji's that I'd actually admitted something, or how he'd say, wow, she actually has feelings! In response to the, I miss you too, text.

I roll my eyes at the thought and closed my eyes shut, laying there and counting sheep's which soon turned into darkness and then finally, sleep.

===

When we got there to the lake house I was awake again, just having woke up a few minutes before and I was laying my head on my knees, staring out the window when my eyes met the lake and I stared at it, moving to sit upright.