Chapter 22

My day was fine for the most part.

I woke up okay.
I didn't feel as tired as I usually did.
And not as negative either.

That was until I'd realized something.

I was walking to get to the parking lot rigor now when I'd realized i'd forgotten to get my mothers prescription meds for the week.

I'd literally forgotten to get them.

Which I never usually did.

And I couldn't even stay home after I got them and gave them go her because I had to go meet Karsen for the stupid fucking project.

Calm down Adrienne. Just calm down.

I was rushing down, barreling through practically when I turned a corner continuing my way, thinking about every word i've ever read to console myself because I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry because I thought i'd feel better today. That a weight had lifted. That it would be different but it wasn't and I was once again so sad that it wasn't any different.

Nobody understands that the small things add up, that when your day is going good and its suddenly ruined it hurts so bad because you wanted so desperately to cling to the good but now your brain is shitting on you for caring too much and not caring at all.

It was so damn confusing.

Mom, I really hope im not you.

I passed by a few people, groups flocked around but far too engrossed in their own conversations to notice me wiping at my eyes with the back of my shirt sleeve and im sure it looks like im just tired and trying to not fall asleep right now.

At least thats what I thought till someone tugged at my arm from behind me and I turned around so quickly that I had to blink my tears back.

I didn't want to be touched, but in some strange way I wanted to be held and it made me want to move away from the strangers touch.

I tugged my hand out of his, looking up just to see Karsen.

He who analyzed my face like I was a freaking English poem because he saw me earlier in my car and I was fine but now I probably looked like I was mid panic attack.

But the problem is, you just can't forget things like your mothers medication, she needs to take her medication to stay out of hospital, to stay alive, how could I forget to get it for her?

HOW?

"What's wrong?" He asked me casually.

I think my eyes widened before I stepped back once, just one step, putting some space between us.

I had no idea why he was asking me that, or maybe I did, because my face and eyes were probably a little red and it was noticeable i'd cried a little or something had happened to me.

It was none of his business though, plus, we didn't know each other well enough to care about the other.

Just art partners.

"Why are you asking me that?" I asked him like he was insane and he blinked, his eyes once again scanning mu face, "Why am I asking you what's wrong when you've obviously been crying?"

"Im not crying."

He moves closer to me, cupping my jaw, holding my face between his warm hands, he swiped my wet cheeks with his thumbs, leaning a little closer.

"Salt water leaking from your eyes then?" He asked sarcastically, teasingly, and I almost rolled my eyes, almost.

"You're too nice to someone who just tolerates you Krist." I say softly to him as I move back and away from his touch, his fingers were soft yet they were calloused on mine.