Chapter 41

Karsen

Nothing's better than finally getting the girl you want.

To finally have her in your arms, hold her, kiss her, talk to her, see her in your home, see her in your bedroom, in your bed, with you.

Just to see her.

Like right now.

I was laying in my bed when Adrienne walked out the bathroom with just another one of my shirts over her perfect body, her hair in a disarray of shoulder length curls and when she bent over to pick her clothes up my mind almost went haywire because even if she wasn't naked under the shirt, her panties were black, and practically see through.

And I really loved those damn legs. I loved her body,

I loved her.

I wasn't exactly religious, and maybe this was the closest i'd ever get to heaven, but I'd take it with open arms.

"Im gonna make food." She tells me as she turns back around, not even bothering to say anymore but it still doesn't deflate my mood. She was curt, and as much as we were together, I knew that wouldn't change, this was her.

I loved her the way she was, grumpy and all, so it didn't matter.

I groan loudly, still tired from the night before.

We stayed at my house talking to one another until it was 11pm and we hadn't even noticed it was that long till my mom came in to ask us if we wanted to stay the night.

I was perfectly fine with that, but I knew Adrienne, and so I knew she wasn't ready to stay over at my parents place, so I told my mom we'd go home.

My mom hugged Addy and then my dad did too and then we got in the car and drove home, stripping of our clothes, lazily putting on sweats and her a shirt of mine and then we crawled into my bed together, falling asleep in each others arms.

It was the perfect day. But I was still exhausted now.

I yawn as I get up and make way to the bathroom, wondering what she was making as I grab my toothbrush, seeing her purple toothbrush that I knew she'd start to use often since I wanted her to stay over here much more often.

Im in the middle of brushing my teeth when the thought of asking her to come live with me comes to mind but I push it away with a shake of my head.

I don't think Adrienne was ready for that. As much as she didn't get along with her parents, I don't think she'd want to move in with me already.

But if she ever wanted to move in with me, i'd welcome her with open arms. Because truthfully, I wanted her here, I liked the way my apartment felt with her in it. Like home. Like a place I wouldn't mind being in both day and night for weeks at a time. My apartment was quiet, always, I didn't like it, so I only came by here to sleep, shower and shit like that.

Now I wanted to be here.

Of course we needed food and money and so we had to leave the apartment but if we didn't have to, i'd hibernate in here with a smile if it meant she was here too.

When I'm done brushing my teeth I wash my face, wiping it with a towel after before I walk out the room and downstairs to her, smelling the faint smell of toast when I get there.