25. A Gift From The Guards

When Harry and Blaise had returned to the table, there was a cheerful feeling in the room, for which everyone was thankful.  Sadness and shitty stories were put aside, and they celebrated his birthday with vigor and alcohol.  Harry laughing out loud in conversation, Draco telling the house elves to make sure that everyone's glass remained full.  

They had moved the party to the lounge, where there was more room, and on the coffee table, there was the pile of gifts that had been moved from the dining room.  Harry had been asked to sit on a single chair, while Draco sat on the carpet between his legs.  And so the gifts were passed to him, so that he could open them and appreciate every little detail about them.  Deciding to be cheeky, he would shake the parcels and when he heard nothing, he pouted, making Draco giggle.

Which of course made Harry growl.  Which in turn made Draco stop and pay attention.  If only for a while, but at least they were having fun.  With no more pouting, because he didn't really want to growl again, he started opening the gifts that had been given.

From Professor Dumbledore, he had received a leather journal with a special quill.  This quill would write down every Alpha vision while it was happening.  That way, Harry could always go back and see how it had been worded.  He was astounded that such a magical item existed.  He said thank you to the Headmaster, and shook his hand.

The second gift was from Severus.  It was another book.  Advanced Potions on Healing - because Harry had always told him that he would love to be able to help people and heal them if they were injured.  The way that he had substituted aconite with rose tree oil in the Calming Draught in class, had Snape thinking that the man definitely had a magical touch when it came to doing just that.  Healing.  Nodding his head in thanks, he put it to one side.

Professor Mcgonagall had given him a new belt - made from dragon hide - the beauty of the belt not only being in looks, but it could loop itself into any pair of pants that Harry wanted to wear, without Harry having to do it.  And it would never deteriorate.  "Brilliant, thank you Professor", he said.  She nodded to him and took a sip of her tea.

Hermoine and Ron had purchased him a combined gift this year.  With Harry being the Alpha, married, and with children on the way, they gifted him with a silver bracelet.  To be worn around his left wrist, it was charmed that wherever he was, all he had to do was touch it, and he would know where his family was and if they were safe.  Family included everyone in the room.  He was blown away by such a beautiful gift.  He rose up and hugged them both saying a huge thank you.  He put the bracelet on immediately and it tingled, and sized itself to him.

Pansy and Blaise had a more devious way of thinking when it came to Harry, and so asked him to open the bigger gift when he was alone.  The small one he could open now, if he wished to do so.  He did this, and broke out in laughter.  It was a remote control.  Now, the Manor had magic of its own, and not just anyone could tune in with it, but because he bore the mark of the Alpha, he was able to.  He smiled at their naughtiness and the fun that he was going to have with it.  Saying thank you to them, he ignored the confused looks on the faces of everyone else.

Just then there was a noise from outside.  Harry frowned and then smiled, stood up, and said he would go and have a look.  Just then, Gimble approached Lucius and said that there were guards on the lawn of the Manor.  Lucius smiled at Harry, so together they made their way towards the outside.  Everyone else followed soon after, because what was that noise, and why did it make Harry smile?

There on the immaculate lawn, were the guards that all of them had been given by the Alpha.  

Quadrus, the dragon, in all his fiery glory.  

Tritos, the Pegasus, with his wings splayed out beautifully.  

Shadow, the Phoenix with his bright long tail.  

Talako, the eagle, with his sharp beak and sharp talons.  

Azura, the hellhound with his shining black coat and ocean blue eyes. 

Septys, the snake, still with the bowtie that the Alpha had gifted him all those months ago.

Harry was speechless.  They had come to pay respect and homage to him for his birthday, and he wondered if he wasn't dreaming.  How in the world did they know, and what had he done to deserve all of this, he thought.  

"Harry love", started Draco, but Harry raised his hand in warning.  [I know baby.  I'm just....] he battled to get the words out.  [I'm just blown away is all], he said.  Looking at his husband, he gave a sad smile as if to tell him that he didn't deserve this.  This was amazing, wonderful, beautiful, awesome, and every other word he could think of.  It was out of this world.  Draco smiled back at him and walked into his arms.  "Walk with me", said Harry, and Draco nodded.

He told the others that they would be back soon, and they sat down to watch what would happen.

Arm in arm they walked down the garden steps to the lawn.  And the Alpha in Harry had all of his emotions coming forth, as if he were drowning in it.  As if that is what Harry Potter was made of, and because he was the Alpha, the emotions were one hundred times stronger than a normal person.  His strides started to change, which also made Draco's walk seem different.

Slow motion had taken them over.  Still with their arms around each other, their steps matched each other, and when they turned to look at each other, they smiled in the knowledge that no one would ever be able to take this away from them.  Not without a fight at least.

Turning their heads towards the guards that were on the lawn, Harry held out his right hand, while Draco held out his left.  Their hair blowing softly, and it was as if time had stopped.  Almost when they had reached the animals, they removed their arms and held onto their hands, and as one, the animals started bowing down.  Almost as if they were doing a curtsey.  

Bowing their heads, and kneeling, their movements had also become slow, and it was a stunning sight to see.  That Harry and Draco had the world in their hands, and their world loved them with all that they had.  One by one, the guards would bow down, and they stayed that way until the men had reached them.

Harry placed his hand on their heads, starting with Quadrus, and ending with Septys, he thanked them from the bottom of his heart that they had thought him that important to come and wish him a happy birthday, without him having to call them.  After hearing those words, they each stomped the ground with their feet and those that had wings, opened them.  Harry and Draco had moved away from them, with Azura next to Draco, and Septys next to Harry.

In a semi-circle, where the other four animals were, with their wings open, Harry just kept staring with his mouth open and tears brimming in his eyes.  Written across their wings were the words :-

"THE START OF THE ALPHA DYNASTY - WE SALUTE YOU"