𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

Start from the beginning

Maggie and Jane walk over to Gabriel who's about to go on a mission. Maggie then tells him to kill any Reapers he finds alone as Jane orders Negan to find six walkers to make skin masks even though the last thing she wants to do is wear another persons face. She has to what she can to survive.

At Meridian, The search patrol comes back and tells Pope that they found no sign of Maggie's group. "Oh, come on! There are dozens of these assholes out there!" Pope screams and Leah tries to calm him down but he refuses. "Your brothers are dead! Are you not ashamed?! Or do you think this is acceptable?!" Pope screams and continues to scream at his people for failing to find their enemy.

Silas looks over to Daryl with a look of determination since they have let Pope believe that the group consist of dozens and could easily wipe them out. They have the reapers right where they want them they just don't know it yet.

Back in the woods, Maggie wears a walker's face as a mask and moves slowly through the woods while Jane and Ashton watch from a distance. Negan finishes Ashton's mask and hands it over to him, making it put it on so he knows it fits. Negan goes back to Maggie and gives her pointers on how to move like a walker, then releases a walker that's tethered to a tree. The walker goes to Maggie but quickly loses interest until Maggie trips on a rock, attracting the walker's attention. Jane rushes over to Elijah and quickly ties it back up while Negan commends Maggie's progress.

Now, it was Janes turn. Wearing a walker mask, Jane moves with a small group of walkers and successfully corrals them in a pen. "I knew you could do it" Negan congratulates as Jane slowly slips the mask off and looks down at it with disgust but surprised it worked.

Jane walks over to Ashton who fixes up the mask to fit his head shape before looking over to Jane who eyes Negan with curiosity. "Listen, I hate the guy too but you have to admit... this isn't a bad idea and he seems to know what he's doing" Ashton says and Jane scoffs softly. "He only knows what he's doing because he betrayed us when the whisperers came" Jane theorizes as she looks down at the mask once again.

Later, Jane had finished her rounds of going in the walker pit and went over to see what Negan was cooking. "Can you fix this? It seems to be getting loser" Jane says coldly as she tosses the mask to Negan who hands her a bowl of food before she can walk away. Jane sighs and looks down at the bowl, "Come on. I didn't poison it" Negan says and Jane snatches the bowl out of his hands stating his joke wasn't funny.

"I feel bad for you during all this" Negan says as Jane digs through her food. "Don't" Jane states before taking a piece of meat from her bowl and eating it, enjoying the mysterious animal Negan has cooked up. "But I do. You're doing this because you already lost a community and you don't want to lose another one. I know what that feels like" Negan says and Jane sighs as she looks up, making eye contact with Negan not sure where he's getting at.

"You realize I lost my community way differently than you lost yours" Jane states. "You think I don't know what it feels like to be on the losing side of a massacre?" Negan wonders. "I'm sure you do. I'm sure you feel horrible that you lost a bunch of pervs and creeps" Jane spats. "Are you forgetting where Aaron got Gracie?" Negan asks and Janes face tenses up at her name since she didn't know Negan knew about that.

"You thought I didn't know about that" Negan notices and Jane chuckles humorlessly as Negan continues to try and compare and debate battle plans. "All I'm saying is, I know when my home was invaded and my people were killed. Those men— they had friends. They had girlfriends. People that felt a loss that I couldn't heal. And I had to explain to them why their leader failed to protect them" Negan rants and Jane shakes her head as she sets her bowl down on the ground beneath her. "Try explaining to your child why she doesn't have a father. Try explaining to your daughter that a bad men killed him and she would never get to meet him and the closest she would ever get to him is by wearing a hat" Jane argues, baffled that Negan could try and compare their situations.

"I'm sure it was hard for you to do that but think about me. Think about Rosita and Sasha. Think about Carl and Rick. You destroyed them. You destroyed everyone and everything" Jane says as she starts to think back to that night. Remembering how she watched her sister and husband die on the same night and so brutally. "You killed families... in front of their families" Jane states, making sure Negan remembers exactly what he did.

"I did but the world is different now" Negan theorizes as Jane puts her head down, not wanting him to see her at a weak moment. "Would you do things differently? If you could go back all those years... would you do things differently?" Jane wonders as she slowly lifts up her head, looking to Negan who falls silent for a moment and at that point in time Jane had no idea what he was going to say or do. She was on the edge of her seat and for a moment she thought maybe he was able to change for the better. Maybe she could see him in a different light.

"If I could do it all over again... I'd have killed every single one of you" Negan answers and Jane lets out a breath of disbelief before a single tear escapes her eye and falls down her cheek because she thought, for a second, he had changed but she couldn't have been anymore wrong. "I shouldn't have asked because—" Jane stops as she quickly wipes her tear off her cheek before Negan says they must do whatever they can to protect their people. He adds that the only way their plan will work is if they're honest with each other.

"How could you say that to me after who you took from me?" Jane asks and Negan shrugs his shoulders, knowing he couldn't give Jane a straight answer. Jane sniffles in her tears before she stands up and grabs her mask off the log next to Negan and leaves him to his own thoughts.

Later, Maggie, Ashton, Jane, Negan, and Elijah wear walker masks and lead a herd toward a building. They open the doors to the building and release a massive herd of walkers. The walkers join the other herd on the road. They continue their journey and lead the horde toward Meridian. One the way, Elijah sees his dead sister among the walkers. His lips start to quiver with emotion until Maggie quietly holds his hand...

WORD COUNT: 1789

WORD COUNT: 1789