Chapter 91: Mind Game

Start from the beginning

The man's eyes widen at the sight. Y/n turns her head back to Beck and despite the lower half of her face being covered, he can tell she's smiling smugly. She flings the drone at him with full force and Beck quickly ducks and runs to the side as the drone shatters through the window. Unfortunately, it doesn't hit him but it manages to hit one of the drones inside the enclosed bridge with him. Beck looks up, seeing the girl lift her right hand toward him. He grunts as he's suddenly lifted off the ground by purple swirls. Y/n roughly lifts her arm up, making Beck fly up and hit the ceiling before she forcefully pushes her arm down, making him hit the floor hard.

The man groans in pain as he struggles to get up. "EDITH!" he yells desperately while y/n levitates into the hallway and gracefully lands in front of him.

"And now you have a taste of what it feels like to get hit by a train," she spitefully voices. Her hands are at her sides as she rolls her wrists, lavender orbs forming in her hands as she steps toward the man.

 Her hands are at her sides as she rolls her wrists, lavender orbs forming in her hands as she steps toward the man

"Now!" Beck suddenly shouts. Y/n furrows her eyebrows and looks to her right, her eyes widening when she sees a drone aimed at her. She lifts her hands and forms a shield at the same time that the drone fires. The impact is super strong, however, causing her to yelp as she's thrown through the window behind her. She hits the next bridge behind the one Beck is on before falling to the ground below. She puts her hands in front of her, forming lavender magic to shield herself when she hits the ground.

She still gets hurt but not as badly as she might've without her small protective measure. She groans as she puts her hands on the ground to push herself up. Well, at least I hurt him first, she thinks. Now she knows he's afraid of her. She saw it when she was beating him up. She scrambles to her feet and scans her surroundings. She cranes her neck, spotting various drones flying around above her. She lowers her head, looking around until she sees Spider-Man sitting against a car.

She sprints toward him, calling out, "Peter!" She reaches him and bends down beside him, setting her hands on his shoulder and chest. "Are you okay?" she asks, concern filling her body when she sees him holding his ribs.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay. You?" the boy returns.

"I'm okay," the girl replies. All of a sudden, they hear a loud explosion, making them look up to see a fire in the distance.

"Happy, are you okay?" Peter asks into the comms.

"Yeah, we're okay. Just go get Beck," Happy's voice sounds in their ears.

"We will," y/n responds. "Alright, come on. Get up," she addresses her boyfriend, straightening up and offering him her hand. He takes it and the girl pulls him up. Just then, numerous drones come zooming in their direction, shooting at them. The pair begins running as explosions rock the ground behind them. They get to the end of the bridge so they both jump off. Peter swings through the air while y/n flies, the drones on their tail. The girl turns around and fires purple blasts at the incoming drones, taking them down.