CHAPTER 79

After a 40-minute car ride,
Y/n arrived downstairs at JJKE.
Nayeon followed behind y/n as she clenched anxiously to the medicine in her hands.
Inside the lift, Mark looked questioningly at y/n as she appeared from the secret walkway, "Madam, why haven't you left? Isn't your flight at 4:30pm?"
"Where's Jungkook?"
"In the resting lounge..." Mark realized he was holding medicine in his hands and quickly tried to hide it. But, y/n had seen it already.
"Is Jungkook alright?" Y/n's eyebrows immediately scrunched up as an anxious expression appeared across her face.
"Actually, it's nothing serious. He just has migraines sometimes."
"How come he's never mentioned it at home? And how come I've never seen him have migraines?"
"It must be because he didn't want you to know. You know how he's like, he couldn't bear to let you know," Mark smiled before handing the tray in his hands to y/n. "Here, I'll leave this with you."
At this moment,
Y/n disregarded everything and rushed over to the resting lounge.

~As for Nayeon and Mark who were left behind, they simply took one look at each other awkwardly before Nayeon pretended to focus on a rainbow outside and shoved the medicine in her hands towards Mark.
Mark looked at the package questioningly, "what.. is this?"
"Didn't you hurt your knee?"
Mark opened the packaging confusedly and gazed at the medicine inside; not only was there medicine for his injury, but there was also medicine for the flu, fever, headache and even arthritis.
"I uh...accidentally bought a bit too much. Take it as a thank you for taking care of y/n."
"who the hell thanks someone with medicine?" ~

Inside the resting lounge, atop the black bed, lay a peaceful figure. He no longer possessed his usual king-like presence, he was simply a man clutching his head in pain.
"Jungkook..." y/n ran over to his side.
Under the dim lighting, Jungkook heard a familiar voice. He held back the throbbing pain in his head as he softened his expression and turned to look at y/n, "why are you not boarding your flight?"

...Jungkook couldn't hear the difference in his own voice, but Tangning could detect the slightest difference; he was obviously trying to endure his pain...

Y/n felt her throat burning up and was afraid if she was to say anything she would start crying, so she put down the medicine in her hands and sat at the edge of the bed before gently helping Jungkook to sit up. She pulled him into her embrace and tightened her grip around him.
"Have some medicine first."
Jungkook was in a daze as he filled with anxiety. He felt y/n's tears fall upon his shoulder, so he quickly tried to turn around, but she ordered, "No. Eat your medicine."
Jungkook did not retaliate as he obediently took the medicine and water from her hands.
Y/n watched as he swallowed the medicine before wrapping his head in her hands and gently massaging it. She then gently placed a kiss on his head.

Jungkook closed his eyes. At a time like this, he had no energy to explain himself.

After roughly half an hour, the medicine finally kicked in and Jungkook's mind cleared up. He pulled away from her embrace and turned to face her.

Y/n's eyes were still watery as she stared at Jungkook without a sound.
"It only hurts every now and then, it's not that serious,.. I did a medical examination not too long ago. Really."
y/n lowered her head as a tear fell upon Jungkook hand, "All I know is, seeing you in pain makes me anxious. I didn't know what I could do for you."

Y/n wasn't someone that often cried; she faced most difficulties calmly. Only when it came to Jungkook did she react in such a way.

Jungkook pulled her into his embrace and held onto her tightly as he stroked her back comfortingly.
"Seeing you in pain makes me lose all reasoning, Jungkook. It hurts me."
Hearing these words, Jungkook suddenly realized something.

It seemed, keeping himself healthy was also a way to care for y/n. Her tears didn't merely fall upon his hand, they were like a hammer falling down on his heart.