CHAPTER 78

...
After returning discreetly to Seoul,
y/n contacted all the friends that could possibly lend a helping hand.
She wasn't afraid of starting a battle with Seolhyun, she simply wanted to find the best way for Bangchan to retreat.
"Y/n, I feel like you are being overly worried about Chan. He is, after all, a top manager and has his own way of dealing with situations. I'm sure he won't just stand idly by as Seolhyun threatens him," Nayeon comforted en route to SHE
"I'm not going there to look for Seolhyun," y/n replied calmly. "I am going there to wait for Bangchan. Unless you have a better way to get in contact with him?"
Nayeon shook her head; Bangchan refused to pick up his phone no matter who called. Since he was to hold a press conference in SHE, he would definitely make an appearance ahead of time.
"Wait, Nayeon...Get someone to investigate where Krystle is buried."
Nayeon nodded.
A moment later, she gave the name of the graveyard directly to Mark and told him to drive them there.
From the moment he picked up the trio from the airport, Jungkook had instructed Mark to be there.

When Mark and Nayeon  first saw each other, they were a bit awkward....
After all, Nayeon had previously suggested they live together.
Although Mark didn't understand her reasoning....
Nayeon's heart still fluttered. Especially at this moment as Mark continued to be her fiancee as he drove them around,
the discomfort in her heart multiplied immensely.

As it was an overcast and foggy day, yn wrapped herself in a coat as she entered the graveyard.
And.
As expected, she discovered Bangchan in front of Krystle's grave.
Their eyes met.
Bangchan was obviously shocked as he stood up and asked, "Why are you back y/n? You still have so much to do in London."
"Oh you know I have so much work, then why did you leave so abruptly?" Y)n stared at him before placing a beautiful bunch of white roses on Krystle's grave. Seeing the photo of the young woman on the tombstone, y/n naturally clasped her hands together as a sign of respect.
"You've already heard about what's happening this afternoon..?"
"Yep," y/n nodded. "I suddenly understand why Jungkook always asks me why I choose a path that hurts myself even when I have a much easier solution. Right now, I finally realise how he feels because I want to ask you the same thing."
"Did you come back because you didn't want to be implicated or-"
"Did you really think, at this point, I am still afraid of Seolhyun?" Y/n turned her head and questioned Bangchan. "I simply don't want a friend to go through the same pain that I've gone through."
"Have you experienced a moment of total despair?" Chan lowered his head as he touched the photo on the tombstone.

...Although his lover had been gone for many years, the pain in his heart could not be relieved...

"Of course I have, Chan. 3 months ago, the night before I was to get married, I discovered my fiancee having an affair right by my bedside. And. The next day I got married to Jungkook at the Marriage registrar Office..." y/n replied. "But, even if I hadn't met Jungkook, I still would not have given up on my right to love. Why should I have let something like this stop me? And I am extremely grateful that I ended up meeting Jungkook. Being able to give my love to him is completely worth it."
"Isn't it painful?"
"Spending year after year missing someone while leading the exact same life, that's true pain." After speaking, y/n pulled out a business card from her bag, "I know you don't need this, but I simply want to offer you a fresh start. No matter what you decide to do at the press conference this afternoon, you have my full support. Seolhyun, on the other hand...if I find a chance to get back at her, even if it's minuscule, trust me I will still latch onto it and tear her apart." After speaking, y/n turned around and left the graveyard, leaving Bangchan in front of Krystle's grave in deep thought.

Y/n told him that even though she had experienced despair, she was never going to give up on continuing to love.

Chan repeated her words in his mind and suddenly felt a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He smiled as he lowered his head and spoke to the photo on the tombstone, "Krystle, my love, perhaps I really have kept myself locked away for too long huh."