CHAPTER 41

"The culprit is really smart, they know how to use a voice-changer. From this recording alone, it is hard to find who it is," Mark explained.
"Contact the media source and instruct them to return the phone call. When they have the culprit on the phone, ask the culprit to repeat what they said earlier. Be careful not to let the culprit figure out what we are trying to do. While the phone call is being made, look around and see who from AT is talking on the phone. Quietly follow them and secure evidence." Jungkook put away his phone; he had an intense look in his eyes.
"Yes, president," Mark replied with a nod as he took composed steps out of the room.

Meanwhile, Jungkook returned to the hall. His sharp gaze swept across the Oh siblings.

Y/n noticed the change in Jungkook's expression and gazed over questioningly amongst the crowd. Jungkook contained his anger, picked up his phone and answered with four simple words: "Let's talk at home."

In reality, Jungkook had underestimated y/n's sensitivity towards his emotions. After living with him for so long, she had gotten a grasp of his temper; he only ever got upset when something concerned her as it was the only time he found it worthy of getting angry over.

10 minutes later, Jungkook watched as Lexi stood up from her seat. Holding onto her phone, she walked to a hidden spot. Less than 5 minutes later, she once again returned to her seat. At this time, Mark gestured to Jungkook that he had secured the evidence...
He had wanted to make a move on Lexi for a long time. He just hadn't found the right reason since everything she did was within AT....

After the gala was over, y/n left the venue with TQ's editor. Lexi and the others followed closely behind - so close y/n could practically feel their piercing glares.

Afterwards, TQ's editor left first; he had an issue to deal with. Lexi took this opportunity to step in front of y/n. " no matter how smart you are y/n, you've still done something you shouldn't have. How dare you take a photo with the CEO of JJK. Did you think you could elevate your value by using him?."
"If that's all, I need to go home and rest," y/n  said.
Lexi looked at y/n with ridicule; just the thought of the news that would be exposed tomorrow filled her heart with joy.
"While we're talking, when will you be leaving AT?" Sehun butted in as he questioned y/n seriously, "Star Shine has already tried to poach you multiple times, why aren't you leaving?"
" I want to see whether you still have an ounce of humanity left in you..." After speaking, y/n boarded the sports car Nayeon had driven to pick her up in and left.
...
Late at night. Gangnam Regency.
Y/n And Jungkook did not drive home together, because after the gala was over, celebrities and reporters were everywhere. In order not to attract any trouble, the two took separate paths home.
As y/n's route was shorter, she got home first. As soon as Jungkook in through the front door she handed him his home clothes so he could get changed first and be more comfortable.
"What happened gguk ? How come your gaze was so abnormal at the gala..." y/n gently rubbed his back hoping it would make him feel better.
"What do you think?" Jungkook pulled her onto the sofa before handing her a recording and a video.
Y/! was confused, but after looking at the two items, her expression became calm as she let out a laugh, "Looks like  Lexi has her methods."
"Too bad she's not applying it to any good," Jungkook said as he gently stroked her hair. "You don't need to worry about this matter. Since it involves me, I will not show any mercy..."
Y/n understood what Jungkook meant.
He had been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. Since she had made a move first, from now on her destiny no longer belonged to her.
"Since you secured evidence, why are you still upset? I've already been schemed against so many times, did you think I would be affected by another time?"
Jungkook took a deep breath and pull her in his embrace.
"I am upset because my heart breaks for you. Luckily I have the ability to protect you."
Y/n calmly wrapped her arms around his waist as she tried to take in his scent. She then pulled out her phone and showed Jungkook their photo from the night, "Does this look like a wedding photo?"
"Uh huh, my wife looks beautiful," his gaze softened.
.....

Lexi waited for y/n to be taken down by JJK because she knew how powerful they were.
She was happy the entire night, however, the news that was released the next morning was nothing like what she expected...
[Exposed! AT's director carefully schemes against her own artist!]
[Oh Lexi pretends to be y/n to frame her for creating hype: intends to push her to death!]
[AT's internal war continues: y/n gets close to JJK for hype?]....
The news first started from a famous weekly publication which attached a manuscript from a phone conversation they had with Lexi on the night of the gala. They also explained how she had pretended to be y/n and tried to frame her for creating hype with Jungkook.
On top of everything, if anyone was to say they had no proof, they also attached a video.

In merely 2 hours, Lexi's evil deeds were known by everyone...
....._
"Who would have thought, the entertainment industry was so dark. Luckily god punishes those that are evil!"
"Full support for y/n! She has always kept a low-profile, yet AT treated her like this; they have no conscience."
"If Lexi likes to act so much why doesn't she become an actress? She is really the cheapest person."
"This really pisses me off, how could there be such a despicable woman? Does anyone want to form a group and go hit her with me?"......_

AT  Entertainment, CEO's Office.
Sehun looked at the viral discussions and articles online; she was at the brink of insanity. The person that should have been scolded today was y/n...
However, a surprising twist had happened!
Lexi's face looked lifeless as her whole body trembled. Because of the news, she was about to fall apart, her hand trembled as she held onto her phone; there were a few times she subconsciously punched in y/n's phone number.
"Y/n, was it you? Was it you that schemed against me?"
" You were the one that tried to frame me," y/n pointed out the truth calmly from the other side of the line.
"Come out, come out and clear things up for me. This was all part of your scheming, you wanted to frame me...it was all because of you..."
"Lexi you need serious help..... go find a doctor before you loose your mind any further." After speaking, y/n swiftly hung up the phone and turned her attention back to her invite-filled email inbox.
"So refreshing! That b*tch tried to frame you but hurt herself in the process," Nayeon danced around in joy, "Let's see how she continues in the entertainment industry after this."
"There is no defined line between black and white in the entertainment industry. Let's not be happy too soon," y/n reminded .
"Have you forgotten? Big Boss hasn't responded yet..... now that I think about it, the incident has already occurred a few hours ago, why hasn't he said anything?"
Y/n looked at Nayeon as she giggled, "When a cat catches a mouse, does it eat it immediately?"
"Aiyo, as soon as Big Boss leaves the house, he really becomes a king that no one dares to provoke. He's more calculative than anyone else."
Y/n smiled, as usual, her heart felt warm.
...
Of course...y/n's predictions were right; at this moment, Lexi was frozen in place, because...she was panicking.
The reactions online were so intense and netizens emotions were so angry, whereas JJK was yet to release an official statement.
...
However, while she was hopeful that she still had a chance to escape a horrible fate...
JJK's PR news was finally released...appearing on top of all the headlines!
.
.
.