CHAPTER 56

Nayeon was sitting in the front of the car. Hearing the conversation between the two, she finally let out a sigh of relief. "If it wasn't because I was too careless, today's incident wouldn't have happened."
Mark, who was driving, took a quick glance at her.
Originally he wanted to ridicule her, but seeing the bruises on her hands, he felt bad.
So he decided to crack a joke instead, "Aren't you a huge monster? How could you get caught so easily? Nayeonah, why didn't you play to your advantage?"
Nayeon glared at Mark, "oh you hushh.Did you think everyone is like you? You're so skinny and tall, you can only be used as fish bait!"

Sitting in the back seat, y/n listened as the two argued. She smiled to herself as she quickly stole a kiss from Jungkook.
Jungkook watched as she retreated. Suddenly, he hooked his arm around her neck. Without caring about the other two in the car, he went ahead and placed a passionate kiss upon y/n's lips.

After returning home,
the couple hurried into the bedroom as they tore each other's clothes off their bodies.
*
Seeing y/n struggle with the buttons on his shirt, he pressed her against the icy cold wall, "Take your time baby...no need to rush."
Y/n wrapped her long slender legs around Jungkook.
His breathing immediately quickened. Satisfied she backed a step and smirked, " who's in a rush now hmm..."
Jungkook was silent as he took in her teasing..
He couldn't be bothered undoing his buttons anymore as he tore his shirt apart.
In an instant, his built and smooth muscles were revealed in front of y/n.
Y/n, who has never seen Jungkook rush like this; has her cheeks blushed red.
Jungkook smiled satisfied as he grabbed y/n's chin and pressed his lips firmly against hers.
*

After they were done, the couple lay together in bed. Jungkook wrapped his arm tightly around y/n as he said to her, "I've already signed you up to the auditions at SH. But, before that, I want you to attend a charity event with me."
nodding her head she said, "I didn't receive an invite tho...what identity will I be going as?"
"Mark has already prepared everything...the event will be at 7pm tomorrow night."
~
~Why did Jungkook insist on attending with y/n?
Well
It was because he knew SH Entertainment's CEO, Kim Seolhyun would also be attending.
If the auditions were to be held by Emma, then she would definitely prevent y/n from succeeding.
So he decided to let y/n declare her intention in front of Seolhyun, in case she got rejected by Emma before her portfolio even reached her.~
~

Of course, Jungkook's thoughts were correct.

While entering candidate details into the system, SH's HR team noticed y/n's portfolio.
One of the HR staff excitedly handed the information over to Emma.
Holding y/n's portfolio in her hand, she looked at the staff member through her black-framed glasses. The look in her eyes were cunning and calculative, "Although I also feel it is a shame, the truth is, y/n is too old; she does not comply with our selection criteria. So we will  reject her!"
Hearing this,
the staff felt like she had been put in a difficult position, "How about we ask President Kim first?"
"No need. A small matter like this, even if it goes to President Kim, would end up with the same result. Don't bother her." After speaking, she shredded y/n's portfolio and threw it in her rubbish bin, "Also, don't tell anyone about it for now. Y/n is currently being fought over by multiple famous agencies. Since we won't be accepting her, we don't want to humiliate her. Understood?"
"Yes, I understand," the staff member nodded her head before leaving the office.

Although the staff member agreed verbally, inside she still felt, Emma's reasoning was a bit rude. This was the last round of applications. If y/n was to be rejected, she would never get the chance again.
Under these circumstances, the staff member still felt uneasy.
So she decided to go to Minho's office.

Seeing he was busy with work, she originally decided to leave, but Minho stopped her, "What is it?"
" Sir.. earlier today I received a portfolio from Miss y/n. But, Miss Emma claimed y/n is too old and shredded it up in trash. I've seen Miss y/n on the runway before and I feel it is a bit of a shame for Miss Emma to do that," she replied honestly.
Upon hearing her response, a sneer appeared across Minho's face.
He knew Emma would do something like this, he just didn't expect she would directly reject her.
However he decided, he's not gonna step out to help y/n again.
after a few seconds he finally responded, "I don't think what she said is wrong."
The staff member did not expect him say this but she couldn't do anything, "In that case, I'll go delete her details now."
"No need to delete it. Since it is part of the normal selection process, then leave it as it is. Y/n is indeed too old, but it's not like she has anything to hide. Just reply to her by email as usual; she still deserves a bit of respect."
..