CHAPTER 47

This was the first time since her scandal that she had appeared in front of the public.
She did not appear to be affected at all by the rumors. She was calm and composed as usual as she maintained a constant smile.

The hosts introduced y/n and the artist beside her in an exaggerated and excited tone before they headed over to the signing wall and accepted an interview with the media.
....
"Miss Min, have you taken notice of the recent news?"
"In regards to assumptions made about you, would you like to defend yourself?"
"Your colleague, Choi Jiyun, has announced this afternoon that she will be moving to CC. What do you think of this?"
"An insider has revealed that you've got a big boss backing you up. What's your opinion on this?"
....
The reporters' questions were like bombs being endlessly thrown at Y/N; she wasn't even given a chance to breathe.
However, Y/N did not show a trace of panic; she listened quietly before giving them a smile "I am a public figure. In front of the public, I need to be conscious of what I say; one never knows if the words that are coming out of their mouths may affect their fans in any way. A simple word can skew their views on the world. That's why...I prefer to be cautious....I've seen the discussions online.....but I believe they have the right to voice their opinions. As for the scandal itself, I believe everyone can make their own judgment; I am confident it will not affect my fans."
The reporters never expected her would reply to them directly; especially in such an honest and concise way.
Just because she had a high EQ, people thought she wasn't being truthful. But by explaining her responsibility as a public figure, she was able to retaliate against these claims.
Towards the insults from netizens, she responded with her belief that they had the right to voice their opinion and showed her respect for the truth.
And as for her fans, from the beginning, she had already developed a trusting relationship with them.
She even pointed out that her fans weren't easy to waver.
The reporters  looked at each other wondering if they should keep making things difficult for her.
She had already exposed her heart in front of them, if they were to continue insulting her, that would be unreasonable.
So, the reporters fell silent as they took the opportunity instead, to snap a few more photos.

Y/n passed the obstacle easily as Cho looked at her with an impressed expression.

"Miss Min, you are amazing."
After entering the venue, Cho tried to wrap his arm around y/n, but she swiftly stepped aside and avoided him, "You are being too kind, Mr. Cho."
"Has Mr. Oh said anything to you by chance?" He tried to test her.

...Y/n could roughly guess something was going on, but she didn't know what the two had agreed on exactly....

So she shook her head as she remained on guard.
"He hasn't told me anything."
Cho tried to move closer to her, but at this moment, one of the hosts approached the two as he spoke to y/n,
"Miss y/n, there has been a change to your seating arrangements, please follow me."
Mr.Cho looked confused.*Y/n was originally meant to sit beside me, why was her seat changed?
Who was trying to go against me?"

Y/n nodded. She had a feeling this was something Jungkook had done in secret, so she followed the host and sat down at her seat comfortably.

The award recipients were seated in the front row, whereas y/n was seated in the last row.
Jiyun had entered early on and her eyes were set on both. "this man!....he is a move on y/n!" Jiyun sneered.

Y/n lifted her head and looked towards Jiyun; between them, there was only one row.

Today, y/n was to present the Top Ten Model Awards.
In other words... Jiyun was to receive her trophy from y/n.
But...would she really be able to hold onto this award?

In reality, this arrangement was something Jiyun had requested from Cho.
She wanted to take the trophy from y/n's hands; she wanted to provoke and make her suffer.

The two women smiled to themselves; each deep in their own thoughts.

The true victor was about to be revealed!
Atop the stage, the ceremony had officially started. The awards at the beginning weren't very important; the important ones were left for the climax.
As for The Top Ten Model Awards, that was to be presented in the middle...
"Please welcome our guests, the cutting-edge model Miss Min y/n and the artist Mr. Cho, to the stage to present the next award..."
Hearing the host announce her name, y/n stood up out of her seat.
Holding the recipient list in her hand, she approached the stage elegantly as everyone watched. She deliberately avoided Cho as they made their way behind the microphone and stood in front of the screen.

Below the stage, there was an ocean of stars; Seoul's hottest models had all gathered. As she had the opportunity to stand at such a high position, y/n realized, as a model, she still had a long way to go.

Close by, Jiyun's gaze was sharp and proud, containing a sense of disdain and ridicule.
She had been looking forward to this day for too long. She was going to take the trophy from y/n's hands; the hands of a woman who always seemed to fight over everything with her. Once she had this trophy in her hands, it would signify the start of her road to glory.
"Miss Min has been very famous in both Europe and the US lately because of the Oriental Trend. She is also a model with an extremely promising future, I am truly impressed with your professionalism Miss Min," Li Cho said before he started presenting the award. "I hope you can continue to work hard."
"Thank you, Mr. Cho," y/n replied in a calm and polite tone; she had her guard up around this man.
"You are a miracle. Believe me, luck is on your side..." he said, hiding a deeper meaning as he gestured for her to announce the recipient list.
...By allowing her to make the announcement, he was satisfying Jiyun's request as well as displaying his respect towards y/n...
Y/n smiled as she opened the envelope in her hands. She pulled out the recipient list and announced, "The 7th Annual Model Awards Top Ten Model nominees are..."

One after another, model's photos and their names appeared on the big screen showing off some of their best works. Choi Jiyun was the last one.

..... From the looks of it, it was obvious she had been forcefully squeezed in. She had crawled her way up and amongst her works on display was the Oriental Trend's magazine cover.....

Below the stage, everyone giggled. At the sight of the cover, she was once again a joke as everyone was reminded of how she had received no mentions.
'Y/n looked so alive, while she became a human backdrop.'

Under the spotlight, the Top Ten Models made their way on stage in the order their names were announced. Meanwhile, ten beautiful female assistants walked out with the ten trophies and flowers. Y/n followed the order and presented the trophies one at a time, from left to right. Jiyun was last in line too and her heart felt like it was about to stop.

She was about to succeed...

Seeing y/n stepping closer and closer and hearing the applause of the audience, Jiyun felt a little nauseous as her mind became blank. An extreme sense of joy swept over her like a hurricane knocking over everything in its path

Finally, y/n stood before Jiyun.
After smiling at her gently, she stretched out her hand, "Congratulations."
Afterwards, y/n handed her a bunch of flowers before presenting the trophy to her.
However, just as Jiyun stretched out her hand and got a touch of the trophy, a young man urgently ran onto the stage and whispered something into y/n'd ear. Y/n immediately pulled the trophy away from Jiyun.

Seeing this scene unfold, the audience was stunned...
"What happened?"
" Why isn't she presenting the award?Why did y/n take back the award?" "Isn't Mo Yurou supposed to receive the award?Could it be that y/n is jealous of Choi Jiyun for both receiving an award and signing on with a new company?"...

Jiyun looked at the uproar happening below the stage before looking at y/n with a cold and frustrated expression, "y/n, what is the meaning of this?"
"Do you really not understand what this means? This award..will not be presented to you," y/n smirked slightly as she replied softly in a definitive manner.

Everyone watched on, confused as to what was happening. Most people were just watching the two put on a show.

What exactly happened?
.
.
.