CHAPTER 45

She was nervous as usual, but, she was no longer the inexperienced little girl. Her calmness made the makeup artist extremely impressed, "you don't look nervous, the opening was originally meant to be done by a different Asian model, but...because she was too nervous, they ended up replacing her with you. She is over there." The makeup artist pointed her chin towards the right, gesturing y/n to look over. Sitting on the sofa with a defeated expression was a girl in her early twenties.
Y/n changed into her clothes and sat quietly in her chair.
Jungkook was also present.
This was something that made her feel warm just by thinking about it.
..

Not too far from y/n, a figure glared at her with hatred. The opening wasn't something she was willing to give y/n had stolen it.
Behind the girl stood her manager; a woman wearing black-framed glasses. Her arms were crossed as she glared at y/n. Through her contacts, she managed to find out how y/n secured Luxury's opening; it was because of Jackson Wang.
He's a pretty big name...
...

Not long after, the opening began to the sound of retro music. As the first model on stage, y/n immediately became the center of attention. Her professionalism, her charm and her style held the show that was filled with newcomers together. It also opened the international media's eyes to the unlimited possibilities of an Asian model. At that time, a few of the guests even recognized y/n as Grace, who had once gone home with many newcomer awards; they were shocked but also pleasantly surprised...
...because on the runway, no one could compare to her radiance...she was completely dazzling.

At this time, Jungkook was sitting below the stage; this was his first time seeing y/n do a show from close up. It was hard for him to imagine: this was his wife.
Jackson was also close by, as well as TQ's photographer who was snapping away on the camera; the scene in front of them was absolutely perfect. Everyone couldn't help but be amazed by her performance...

After the models took their bow and left the stage, Jackson headed to the back of the stage to congratulate y/n, "You are the best."
Y/n smiled as she politely shook his hand, "Thank you, Mr. Wang."
"I'm already looking forward to TQ's October edition..."
After talking to Jackson, y/n changed back into her own clothes with Nayeon's help and left the venue; she couldn't wait to walk the streets of France hand-in-hand with Jungkook.
Not long after the show ended, Long Jie received a phone call from AT. Sehun wanted to know what was going on with y/n.
Nayeon searched the news online and immediately came across some hot articles about y/n
[Min y/n vs Choi Jiyun: The Support Behind the Scheming]
[The Men Behind y/n].

One of the articles even mentioned Star Shine and Jackson who had been showing her support.

Most of the netizens still trusted y/n, especially her fans who immediately started spreading videos of her shows and images from her magazine shoots. They wanted to prove, she completely depended on her own abilities to get to where she was today.
However, there were also some anti-fans. They claimed y/n EQ was too high and her IQ was frightening; she was too deceitful and was someone people should watch out for.
At that time, the internet was in chaos.

"I saw the news..." Jungkook said before he started the car, "Now that your fame is increasing, attacks from all different direction will also increase. When faced with competition, people will scheme, you understand what I'm trying to say?"
"Of course. It's just that this time, Jiyun has once again been given a chance to insult me..." y/n understood well, so as usual, she wasn't going to respond; she knew the more she tried to explain herself, the more it would seem like she was hiding something. Since someone was helping her gain exposure, she might as well accept it; this was the reality of the entertainment industry.

Seeing the couple remaining calm, Nayeon relaxed, "OK, you guys have fun. I will keep my eye on the situation in Seoul."
Y/n smiled at Nayeon in relief, "Help me reassure the fans. Tell them I have not been affected."
~~
Meanwhile, it was almost night time in Seoul. Under Sehun's coercion, Jiyun agreed to keep their child. Of course, she only did this to buy time. With the sudden release of y/n's news, she sneered, "I told you before, there was no way y/n would be pure...now that she has been exposed, will you help her? or will you take the advantage to step on her even harder?"
"Shut the hell up!" Sehun warned.
After the incident with Jiyun, Sehun had become warier than before.

Afterwards, Jiyun rang her assistant, "Leak some rumours: while shooting for the magazine in the US, y/n didn't follow the organizer's arrangements, instead she was fooling around with an unknown man and went to live with him. Releasing this information right now would be perfect timing...be careful not to let anyone know you did it."
~~

Although she had received negativity out of the blue and there were mixed reactions online, y/n didn't let it affect her mood. She changed into a Bohemian-style maxi dress and relaxed on the deck of a yacht with Jungkook, who was wearing a casual white suit. All she brought along was a camera; even her phone was left in the drawers of the villa.
"Do you really not want to return home first?" Jungkook asked.
Y/n turned her head and questioned him. "President Jeon, did you think I would easily give up on the holiday that I made you work so hard towards? My career is important, but...right now, you are my priority."
Jungkook gazed at y/n as he planted a kiss on her lips, the couple indulged in a passionate kiss as their bodies overlapped each other.

That night, Jungkook embraced his little wife in their huge bathtub. Both of them had their eyes closed as they enjoyed the peace and quiet of the moment. After being silent for a while, Jungkook finally reached out his hand and touched y/n's partially wet hair as he leaned her closer to him, "Let's return tomorrow..."
"Huh?" Y/n slowly opened her eyes as she questioned him.
"One day is enough for me. I know what kind of situation you are in, but since you won't let me interfere, I am really worried about you. "
"People often say, 'The amount of people that like you, is equivalent to the amount of people that hate you; the amount of people that adore you, is equivalent to the amount of people that are waiting to see you humiliated.' Gguk, I am well aware of this.."
Jungkook hugged y/n tightly without a word.

After she  fell asleep, Jungkook got up to phone Mark, "Have you found out who released the information?"
"Emelia Grey's manager. Her younger sister is a model signed with Emelia Grey, who was originally invited to do the opening for the Luxury show. However, she was replaced with  Madam. Later on, AT added oil to the fire by also spreading some false rumors."
"Since it's them, we'll leave it for now."
"As for AT, their days were numbered!"

Y/n predicted Jungkook would phone Mark about information, so she wasn't in a deep sleep. She sat up and wrapped her arms around his waist, "Are you not going to listen to anything I say?"
"Just trying to gain some important information so my mind can be at ease Mrs Jeon." Jungkook smiled.

~~

Making sure she's asleep, Sehun pick up Jiyun phone to see the messages Mr. Cho had sent her.
He wanted her to calm Sehun down while he tried to find a way for her to break free from his control. Scrolling down, Sehun saw her response and fell apart.
The text says:
"He actually wants to keep the child...I'm really not sure who the child will look like after it's born."

Sehun clenched his fist before saving the phone number.
....Rather than waiting to be dumped, used and treated like a stepping stone, it would be better for him to swap Jiyun for something more useful....
So, he made a phone call to Mr. Cho as he held in his humiliation and demanded, "I can let Choi Jiyun go, under one condition!"
The man on other side smiled shadily; he knew Sehun would do this, so he calmly responded, "Go ahead."
"Any competition or awards presentations that you are a judge in, if there is someone from AT, you will need to guarantee them an award!"
Mr. Cho was silent for a while, before laughing out loud, "It's just that Jiyun..as if I would do something like this for her. Unless..."
"Unless what?"
"How about you add in y/n. Since that is the case, why don't you let me play with her...I can give her some benefits."
"You also want y/n?" Sehun's voice got louder and more aggressive.
"Both women have betrayed you. Using them to exchange for opportunities for your newcomers, is worth it, isn't it?"
Sehun's eyes deepened. His chestnut-colored pupils contained a sense of hatred.
"Deal?"
"Words mean nothing, we need to sign an agreement!" Sehun was worried Mr. Cho would back out to him.
"That's fine with me...you select a meeting place."
Sehun voice echoed from his bedroom.
....At this time, Jiyun was leaning against the door listening to the conversation without making a sound....

She did not know that Sehun had sold her off,
all she heard was y/n's name.
.
.
.