CHAPTER 54

Minho stared at the magazine in front of him.
For a moment he felt he was about to give up on an international superstar. He reached out his hand and flipped the magazine over, afraid that he would feel regret.
Seeing this, Emma let out a sigh of relief. She crossed her arms across her chest, "Since it's decided, I'll let you in on a little secret. I've already contacted the reporter that's been following Cho around. He has agreed to release news that he has photos of y/n and Cho in bed. I've even found photos with similarities. Since you've decided to disobey President Kim's orders, then we can only push y/n further down so the president won't punish you."
Minho stared at the computer monitor in front of him as he moved the mouse. His voice was cold and filled with ridicule, "There is no 'we' Emma, it's just you. This will be the last time you use our past to get what you want. I will prevent y/n this once only, but what happens in the future is not up to me and whatever you plan to do has nothing to do with me."
"You-"
"Our objectives are different, so we can never get along. If you're done I need to get back to work."
Minho had already suggested he didn't want her around, so Emma had no choice but to leave.

In reality, she still had feelings for him but the two of them were ambiguous in too many ways.

Emma Black was the type of person with no bottom line, she would do anything to achieve her goals.
And Minho was disgusted by her methods.

So, in the past two years, the relationship between the two was like fire and water.
After leaving his office, Emma immediately phoned the reporter, "I can't wait anymore, release the news now."
"Alright..sit back and enjoy the show," the man on the other side of the phone was filled with excitement.
If everything Emma had previously done to defame y/n was because she had stolen her model's runway show in France, then this time, it was because she needed to take precautionary action.
...

Because of TQ's rapid sales, y/n's fans felt like she had once again given them a pleasant surprise.
A whole heap of presents were delivered to y/n via her Official Fan Club; Mark received them and made sure they were safe before handing them to her.
...

Late at night. Y/n was napping atop Jungkook's chest.
Jungkook had his right arm around y/n as he gently ran his fingers down the curves of her back.
His left hand was currently browsing through y/n's emails on his phone.
At this moment he discovered a suspicious email, "y/n look at this."
"Huh?" Y/n lifted her head gently and took the phone from Jungkook's hand.
There was an anonymous email, that simply read,

-"Take note of people scheming behind your back."-

Seeing this unusual warning, y/n couldn't imagine who was trying to help her and what type of scheming they would be referring to.
"With the popularity of TQ, more people have started to pay attention to you; you are bound to snatch someone else's opportunities. If we think back about the recent defamation incident, the person that did the most scheming was Emma from SH. Regardless of whether this warning is related to her, you must first focus on doing your best."
Y/n understood what Jungkook meant.

As long as she did everything to the best of her ability, no one would be able to find any flaw to defame her with.

"Regardless of who this warning is from or who is scheming against me, I must first bite back at the person that was behind the entire bed-climbing scandal. Emma Black. " Y/n put down the phone and placed her chin on Jungkook's collarbone.
"It seems you've already figured what to do with Cho's travel report."
Y/n smiled without responding.

She had definitely made enemies with Emma, but it was yet to be determined who's methods were better.

Thinking of this, y/n immediately made a phone call to Nayeon, "Have you gone to sleep yet?"
"Nah..just watching a movie," Nayeon jumped up from her bed thinking something must have happened to y/n.
"It's nothing serious. Yeon, if you have time, I was wondering whether the reporter that was spreading fake rumors about me had a partner."
"Do you have something planned?" Nayeon thought for a moment, before responding, "Yes he did, he also had a cousin who was his copywriter."
"Good," y/n replied calmly. "I just received an email warning me to be careful of people scheming behind my back. Ti give me a peace of mind, do you have a way of contacting his partner?"
" I have a business card, wait I'll get back to you."
Nayeon hung up and y/n put down her phone.