《37》When Hope is Lost

Okay...

Definitely a chapter for this guy:

Better book your appointment now!

We quickly caught up Lian to the newest information about the case, filling her in on Park Seo-Joon and out suspicion that he was her father's middle man.
Wait.. Kwang-Sun Cheol's middle man.
Lian had specifically asked us not to call him her father anymore.

Something we all understood and accepted.

And brilliant Namjoon, of course, already had the next step of our plan all hatched out.

There would be a party at the mayor's house, where only the rich and powerful would be invited.
South Korea's high society meeting of the year.

First, we believed that to be Hoseok alone, but it turned out Kwang-Sun Cheol had invited himself too, no doubt by blackmailing some of those assholes with the information he had about them.
It was both a relieve Hoseok wouldn't be alone on that party, where no other than Park Seo-Joon would make an appearance also, but it was worrisome as well.

Even though Lian had proven herself as very resourceful and unbelievably clever in dire situation, she lacked training.
And it was sort of a rule.

No field missions without practice in self defence.

Namjoon himself had set up the rule.

If Lian was to help us get to Seo-Joon on that party, she would have to get training first.
And I?

I was practically beaming at the thought of teaching Lian.
I mean... we clearly stated that we loved her and she was our family now and all that, but that girl deserved to get to be thrown on her ass a few times for all the shock and emotional havoc she had put us through.
Lucky me, I go to be first to teach her.

And like I predicted, it was absolutely fun!

Lian shot me an angry glare as she got up from the floor again.

For the last half hour, we had been on the ring outside, the others watching as I got creative on how to put the little, angry devil on her back.
Okay... that sounded way more sexual in my head than I actually meant it.

Fact was, Lian was actually admirable even when she kept loosing.
Because even when she cursed me into all seven kinds of hell, she got up from the floor again and again, then faced me with renewed energy.
No.
She was not one to call defeat.

I grinned at her broadly.

"Giving up yet? "

"You wish," she fired back and got into the fighting stance I taught her.

Cute.
She was absolutely adorable thinking she stood a chance.

I advanced and Lian punched out.
It would have hurt too.
She had more strength in her than one would suspect.