He knew the structure of the ship by heart.

    But…

    Ge Xiu’s body was unstable with the shaking of the ship, and he almost fell directly to the ground.

    He gritted his teeth so hard, he could taste the strong smell of rust spreading from the depths of his throat.

    If—if only his injury wasn’t that serious.

    Ge Xiu took a breath and could clearly feel that the heat of his body was quickly dissipating with the loss of blood.

    His vision began to gradually blur.

    Ge Xiu could sense that the metal wall under his palm was rapidly heating up, but he could only feel the cold.

    —Boundless cold.

    In his gradually blurring and darkening vision, he saw a tall figure appearing at the end of the corridor, walking quickly towards him.

    Ge Xiu couldn’t see the other’s face clearly.

    Even the figure of the man seemed to have a double shadow.

    He clenched the dagger in his hand calmly.

    He still had strength remaining.

    In just a few seconds, the other party came close, and a shadow came shrouding Ge Xiu.

    At that moment, Ge Xiu suddenly exerted force, turned his wrist slightly, the cold light of the dagger glinted between his pale fingers, and he stabbed with a fierce and fast move!

    However, in the next second, the opponent’s powerful fingers wrapped around his weak wrist.

    With one skilful move, the dagger fell.

    The other party squeezed the back of the dagger and chuckled lowly with unknown meaning: “Are you going to stab me with the goods I bought?”

    …What?

    Ge Xiu struggled to understand the meaning of this sentence.

    He blinked laboriously, trying to make his line of sight a little clearer, but this attempt backfired, and the endless darkness spread rapidly from the edge of the line of sight, swallowing the spots of light in his eyes.

    Finally, Ge Xiu closed his eyes silently.

    He passed out.

    ·

    Beating one who’s already down*.

    The warships under Haines’ command exploded their cargo hold as the Marauder crumbled and burned, thoroughly playing robbing the thief** and earning a fortune.

    When the crew members saw that their captain actually carried a wounded youth on board, their jaws dropped in shock—

    This was really something nobody expected.

    Joseph and Avery followed behind Haines pretending to be calm, the corners of their lips tense, for fear of accidentally revealing their inner cheering.

    Avery looked serious:

    “Where’s the doctor? Call the onboard doctor!”

    Joseph was busy calling the crew members to spread out a comfortable bed on the ship, so that the seriously injured and comatose omega could have a place to lie down.

    Soon, the doctor ran over surrounded by the crowd, and began to conduct a general physical examination for Ge Xiu using the basic equipment of the cabin.