CHAPTER 30 Dad's job

12:47 P.M
Autobot's base

It's Saturday afternoon, is been weeks after Connor meet the weird threo, what an adventure Connor thought to himself. He's with Miko and Bulkhead right now, they went on a patrol together and about to went back to base by using the groundbridge.

Miko noticed Connor has been… quiet a lot after he tell the others about the weird threo, he would been sarcastic about her attitude but now, he's been awfully quiet. Miko can't stand the quietness, she bite her lips as she looks towards Connor, who's been looking out the window the whole time.

"Connor?" Miko called, the boy just hum, didn't look back at her as he deep in thoughts again. Miko puff her cheek slightly, annoyed as the boy ignoring her, then sigh tiredly, lay her back on the seat as she speak up again.

"You've been… awfully quiet lately…" Miko comment as Connor looks up a little, side glance at the girl as Miko cross her arm, didn't looks at Connor as she continues. "Is been… weeks you like this! Being quiet and… less cheerful than you usually did." Miko said sadly as Connor can't help frown sadly, sat up and looks at Miko fully this time.

"It just… ahugh!! You've been so cautions and spook a lot when we meet up! Is… is annoying that I don't know anything!" Miko said as she sat up as well, frustrated and looks angrily at Connor. "I'm your friend too!! You can speak with me too!" This surprised Connor as he heard Miko said this, he sigh tiredly, lay back down on his seat and looks at Miko again.

"Thanks, Miko… just… the threat Bruce and Tim mentioned, make me worried about what happened next you know? When it'll came? Who will it be?! This question stuck in my head for weeks and nothing still not happening!! I'm worried…" Connor said as Miko cuts him, shush him as she speaks.

"You're worrying too much, Connor!"
"Huh?"

Connor can't help but stun by the statement, Miko can't help but chuckles by the face Connor is making, then continue.

"If you're worrying this much, you might miss out the fun! Think about it now will not used, do they? Then let's us just be ready for it!" Miko said cheerfully as Connor smile, relax a little. "Yeah, you're right…" Connor said as Miko smiled, all three of them went through the portal and ended back at the base.

As the UV stop the two opens the door, landed their feet on the floor as they back to base. Connor said his thanks once last time and went upstairs, sitting on the railing near Ratchet and greets him. "Hey Ratchet!" The medic nod as he didn't looks at his charge, greet Connor with some silent treatment, Connor didn't mind though as he pull out his tablet, about to play some rhythm games.

Just then, something caught his eyes as he looks down. The tires… Connor thought as he looks at Ratchet's tires on his leg area, frown slightly. They're… flat before, why? Connor thought to himself again as he remembers the first time he meet Ratchet, the tires are flat… not new like he's looking at it now.

"Hey, Ratchet?" Connor called with an edge with his voice, make Ratchet looks at him, curious. "What?" Ratchet said as he stopped typing, follow Connor's finger as the boy point as his tires on his leg. "Who… changed your tires?" Connor asked curiously as he looking at Ratchet, the medic gave him a small 'oh' as the medic remembers the event happened last week. Ratchet sighs, cross his arm as he start explaining. "Is your father…"

Last week(Friday)
-On the way to Liam's workshop-
Liam said thanks to the others as his car being pulling away by the truck, his car is broken and unfortunately he can't get a ride back to his workshop.

Liam sigh as he looks left to right on the empty road he's standing on, no cars. The man sigh again, he's on the way to the base but to his luck, his car broke down on the way there. Liam bite his lips as thinking about something, walking take hours so he choose the next one… calling the Autobot.