CHAPTER 01 Trouble

The shuffle sound of cards filled the classroom, even how noisy the class is, the sound is still there. The teacher start getting annoyed by the sounds, after a few seconds later, she can't take it anymore.

"Connor Sebastian!!"

The math teacher finally shouts out his name, the short hair teenage boy, Connor, still not stopping his hand from shuffling the cards, he ignores the teacher's call as he looks out through the window.

"What's the answer?" The class start whispering about Connor, he's been in the school for one week now. The first day he move in to Jasper and starting his school life, students always talks behind his back. He use to it, before moving to Jasper of course, everyone judge him by his cover, including his mother.

Sebastian just looks at the board with the corner of his eye and answers the question smoothly.

"4590." And he looks back at the window, miss the looks of the surprised teacher. She looks back and forth between the board and Sebastian himself.

"That is...... Correct. Moving on." Teacher still disbelieves but continues teaching anyways, the students as well disbelief and start whispering about him more. The boy just rolls his eyes, continue looking out the window, ignoring the attention in the classroom.

*RINGGGG..........*

"Alright, class dismissed." As the teacher start speaking, the students already leave the classroom, is the last period after all. Connor start packing his bag and head towards the classroom exit. The math teacher and Connor's eyes meet, he just nod his head as a ''sorry'' about the inccident, the teacher slowly nod back at him as he head out the hallway.

"Sebastian!!"

He recognized the voice immediately and started looking down towards the small figure beside him. ''Raf, is nice to see you too.'' Connor waves at Raf as they start walking towards their locker. "So... Why are you here? Wasn't your friend waiting for you outside?'' Connor asks the boy, he's surprised to see a 12 years old kid going to the same school he's in, they somehow become friend after they having the science class together. "You still new here, so I thought I give you some company." Raf fix his glasses, Connor shares the same smile like Raf did. "Thanks, I'm kinda feel a little bit of lonely while walking out the exit everyday." As they walk towards their locker, Connor opens his and pulls out his skateboard that he uses everyday and puts his textbook back to the locker.

"Alright, I'm done. Let's...... Rafael?" Connor starts looking for the missing boy as he closes his locker door, laughter and a loud shut of locker door sound caught his attention. He looked in front of him, three boys surrounded the empty locker, laughing. " That's the place where losers like you should belong!" Connor frowns as he glares at the one who's talking, Vince.

As Vince still laughing with his friends, something feels off to them. When Vince turned around, something flew by his face like a bullet and hit the locker. Vince hissed in pain as he put his hand on his cheek, something wet hit his fingers.

Blood, something cut his face. He expects to be a knife or something sharp but instead, a metallic looking poker card, and is the joker card. Vince looks at the direction where the cards are coming from, before he can react someone grab him by his shirt and pull upward. He meets the angry eyes that belong to no other than the new boy himself.

"Listen here." Connor smash the bully towards the locker where Raf had been locked inside, it doesn't hurt Vince a lot but enough for him to know that Connor is dead serious. "If I see you bullying other people as well, is not the face next time, is the head that I'll cut, remember that." The bully just nodded, terrified by Connor's threatening voice.