CHAPTER 06 The Truth Hurts

Is Saturday, Connor's already wild awake at.... 4 in the morning. He wake up by a nightmare that he don't remember much, his eyes wild open and look up at the ceiling, he tiredly rub his face. He sat up and stared outside the window, moonlight shining through the window. He looks at the spell book on the desk, after a few second of thoughts he walk towards it and take the book. He sat back down at the edge of his bed.

He flipped a few pages, shield, ice, teleport..... One in particular caught his attention.

'Revel the truth. '

He read the description out loud in his mind.

'The spell can reveal the truth that you truly want to know in a dream state,is the truth you can only find on your own. Time is limited, you can interact with the people in your dream, it is up to you. Follow the line as you re-imagine the scene of the incident you want to know the truth for, it will take you straight to it as you finish the line itself

"Okay...." His hand glows slightly as he touches the symbol on the book, he starts tracing the symbol, imagining the scene he wants to revisit the most. "Tell me the truth, the real truth!" As he finished the symbol, a blinding light shone and blinded him, made the boy faint as he fell on his bed.

Connor opens his eyes once more, he's in a very dark room. Deep breaths filled his ears, he started to look around, hoping to see something, anything.

The light starts flick open above him, the sound makes the boy jump. One by one, the lights all on as Connor looks around once more.

Is the theater where his grandfater performed.

Empty red seat filled  his sight as he looked around, standing at the hallway between the seats. "I.... Made it?!" Connor's voice echoed in the theater, the stage light switched on all of the sudden. He looked towards the stage, a tank filled with water, 4 locks was on it as the stage waiting for him to check on it.

"Right.... Time is limited." Connor walked towards the stage, his footstep echoes in the theater. He walks closer to the tank, it fills with water but nobody is inside.

He examines the locks, four locks at different corners, as he crouching down he notice the lockpick that his grandpa uses to escape the tank on the floor.

He picks it up, he noticea the lock pick is wet, and most of all ...broken.

"Wait.. did someone do something to the lockpick so grandpa can't escape? ...... Why?" He looks at the transparent tank as he looks into the water, he notice the reflection is not just himself, someone is slowly walks towards him. He tense up, he didn't move from the spot. The figure now stop at his track, his voice make the boy relax as he want to hear the voice for a long period of time.

 The figure now stop at his track, his voice make the boy relax as he want to hear the voice for a long period of time