CHAPTER 08 Thoughts

Optimus and the others start searching for Connor's father after they have been informed by Ratchet that his father has been kidnapped by decepticons. Miko, Raf and Jack start comforting the stressed boy after they arrive back at the base, Connor gives them a smile and tell them that he'll be fine.

Everyone knows that is a lie.

Raf accompanies Connor to get some belongings from his house as he needs to stay at the base for safety reasons, and he gonna stay there until team prime find his father and bring him back to safety. It has been three days since his father went missing, and there's still no news about him.

_Autobot base_

Connor's three friends helping Connor on his homework, he skipped school because of his missing father. They still notice the spark in his eyes slowly fade as he continues not speaking to them.

"Connor?" Raf tried to get his attention, a few seconds later he finally replied tky Raf with a hum. Jack and Miko can only look toward those two, just don't know how to comfort the boy anymore.

"Do you want to go for a ride? Bumblebee is gonna take us out for lunch, so...."

Raf waited patiently for Connor to answer, Connor thought for a bit longer, he didn't know how to concentrate anymore, a lot of things happened so and he can't take it anymore.

He needs some air, alone.

"Ratchet, open the ground bridge." Connor walks away from the group, making the little boy kinda sad. "What?" Ratchet seen surprised by the voice who demand him, Connor frustrated by the stun.

"Open. The. Groundbridge."

Connor back face everyone, include Ratchet, he knew his charge can't take it anymore,  he sigh and do what his charge told him to do.

Connor walks towards the green portal as it starts active, he knew Ratchet won't send him anywhere dangerous. Ratchet wants to follow Connor, but stops by Optimus. Ratchet looks at Connor, then his leader, he shakes his head and sighs loudly. Optimus looks back at the groundbridge, and start following Connor from behind.

_Somewhere in a Forest_

Connor walks towards the end of the portal, relieved to be somewhere of a forest. The tree is big enough to hide an autobot, heck even an Optimus size robot . Connor starts walking around the forest more, his mind start calming down.

He started to get a little tired, he found a spot and sat down, resting his foot. He pulls out his father's broken phone, boot up the phone, immediately noticed the phone background on the lock screen.

Is the photo of his first time riding a bike.

Connor smiles at the photo, remember his father teaches him to ride a bike when he's 13. He remembers his father proud smile when he's able to control the bicycle, he swipes the lock screen and reveals it need a 4 digits password.

Connor thought a bit, he pressed his father's birthday 0614. The phone buzzed, it's the wrong password. He then pressed his grandfather's birthday, 0824. The phone buzzed again, the boy signed, about to give up. He thought to himself 'It can't be'..... He pressed his birthday this time, 0324, the phone opened up.

"So that's why he never forgot my birthday..... Oh, dad." He remembers the past where his father live apart from each other, his father still able to send him a birthday gift every time.

He smile while swiping the phone, he opens up the note, there's a list that his father need to do in the note. One particular note caught his attention, being label as 'Connor's room', he opened up the note.