CHAPTER 07 Downfall

"Bulkhead, we're ready!!"
"Why I agree in doing thisssssssss!!!!"

Connor start shouting as Bulkhead alt-mode started driving, he, Raf and Miko went "dune bashing" together. Connor had been force by Miko, but convinced by Raf. Connor really regrets his decision as he continues screaming when Bulkhead start making hard turn.

_Timeskip_

Jack saw Bulkhead in his vehicle mode speeding in as he skidded to a stop. Jack watch Miko and Rafael jumped out from the vehicle while laughing and cheering.

"That. Was. So. Cool!!" Miko cheers as Raf joins in. Connor is the last one who walk out, his backpack lay at his back and his face as pale as ever. He covered his mouth with his hand as he was about to throw up, but nothing came out.

"Having fun? "

Ratchet says it with a smirk while he's still looking at the monitor, Connor stops mid way on the stairs while taking deep breaths. "If you want to know....." Connor stopped talking as he felt something go up to his throat, he started talking again when he relaxed.

"I'm having a great time! "

He says out loud with a roll of his eyes for everyone in the room to hear, Miko and Jack start laughing and Raf giggles. It has been 25 minutes or so when the three arrive at the base.

Connor put down his backpack on the floor, taking out his spell book and his back lay at the railing as he examine the book once more. Miko notices Connor as she starts creeping near the distracted boy, as the book near to reach, Miko quickly snatches the book out of Connor's grip. He was surprised by the process.

"Hey, I needed that!!" Connor screams out loud as he is trying to get his book back, Miko starts laughing as she is still holding the book.

"What?!" Connor asks the girl, angrily. He notice the others boys giggle at the statement he just made and the bots as well, hiding their smile.

"You remind me of someone!" Miko amused the confused boy, as she look towards Ratchet. As she was distracted, Connor quickly snatched the book back, and he succeeded to do so. "Hey!" Miko shouted as she lost the grip of the book, Connor dust off the book cover.

"It is impolite for you to take something important from other people, especially the immature one!" Connor glared towards the Japanese girl, the girl put her hand at her hips. "Hey, don't tell me that you're not as immature as I am?" Miko smirks while Connor rolls his eyes, he puts his book back into his backpack.

"Why you want to be so quick on getting your book back? Hiding something?" Miko ask jokily as the boy start getting annoy a little, he answer the question as calm as he could. "I am, and I'm not ashamed as I'm hiding that from you. I'll tell you when the time comes." Connor reassures the girl, she smiles brightly and walks away.

Connor looks towards the book in his backpack, something bad is gonna happened.....

He can feel it behind his back.

"Did you find anything? About your grandfather?" Ratchet asks Connor, optic still looking at the monitor, his charge sighs.

"Yeah, but it's.... Complicated." Connor looks up towards Ratchet, the medic nods his helm as acknowledgement. It's been 4 days since Connor read his grandfather's letter.

"My grandfather knows he's gonna get himself killed, but he doesn't do anything to stop that. Like.... He's wanted this to happen. And it did...." Connor looks down at the floor, feeling sad again as he rethinks about the letter.