Chapter 84: How Does He Do This?

Start from the beginning

"Hey, can you guys keep it down? I'm live-streaming," Flash asks before shutting his door.

"Whatever."

"Yeah."

The couple mutters at the same time. They turn to each other with bummed expressions and Peter sighs. Y/n lightly shakes her head and pipes up, "some vacation, huh?"

"Yeah..." the boy mutters, taking a step closer to the girl.

"We really can't catch a break. Maybe next time we should vacation on another planet," y/n jokes, making Peter laugh. "Although it's too bad we never got to go to Paris," she adds.

Peter's smile slightly falters. Now he won't get to take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower to give her the glass (y/f/f) necklace and... possibly tell her that he loves her? Although he's afraid of what y/n might think, he wants her to know that his feelings for her are strong... even if he doesn't use the L-word. If she's aware of this, perhaps she will start to look at him in a whole new light. "Yeah... uh, look, um..." he nervously speaks. His anxiety only intensifies as his girlfriend gazes at him curiously. "I know neither of us is ready for this trip to be over yet and I kind of want to do something fun that's not on the itinerary or planned or with Mr. Harrington-"

"You don't even need to keep going, I'm in," y/n interjects, beaming at him. Peter stares at her with a shocked expression.

"Really?"

"Yeah! I think we deserve it. And I want my last memory of this trip to be a fun one so," the girl answers. This brings a soft smile to the boy's face.

He grips onto his backpack strap tighter as he responds, "Okay, awesome. Uh, I'll see you outside in 10 minutes?"

"Why, are you gonna change?" y/n asks, eyeing his outfit.

"Yeah."

"Oh," y/n reacts, sounding disappointed. When Peter gives her a quizzical look, she utters, "it's just that... you look good like this." She runs her eyes over his white dress shirt and black slacks before stepping closer, taking his collar between her fingertips. She looks up to meet her boyfriend's eyes, sending him a small coy smile. He hardly ever dresses up but when he does... it's quite the sight.

Peter nervously chuckles, his face turning as red as a tomato. He gets nervous whenever she compliments or flirts with him, but he loves it. Everything she does gets his heart racing. "Thanks, you- you look good too," he compliments her as he analyzes her features.

Y/n's grin grows, feeling her heart pound as she studies his face. How does he do this to me? She wonders. She hasn't felt this way in a long time... not since Jonathan. It's kind of nice to feel like this again. Her eyes shift to his hair and she raises her hand, running her fingers through his brown locks. Peter swallows hard before he closes his eyes, relaxing at her touch. "Your hair looks so nice like this," the girl softly voices as she gazes at his hair, which is now slightly tousled due to her running her fingers through it. "You should wear it like this more often. You don't need all that hair gel."

Peter chuckles. "Yeah?" he asks.

"Yeah," y/n confirms with a smile, moving her hand to the back of his neck and pulling his face toward hers. Their lips connect and they both feel their hearts leap as their lips move in sync. Peter lets go of his backpack strap and lowers his hand to her waist, pulling her closer to him. All of a sudden, a door opens but they're a little too distracted to notice.

MJ steps into the doorframe and sees the couple. "Woah–" she blurts, turning to look the other way. Peter and y/n break the kiss, snapping their heads to the side upon hearing her.

"Uh... hey," y/n pipes up in a singsong voice as she and her boyfriend let go of each other to face their friend. Peter clears his throat as he awkwardly fixes his hair.

"Hey," MJ slowly replies, looking between the two. "I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see that," she claims, gesturing to the couple, who exchanges a look. "Where were you guys?" she asks, a hint of suspicion in her voice.

"Um, we got lost," Peter instantly lies.

Y/n nods and releases a short chuckle. "How stupid of us, right?" she adds, making the boy laugh along and nod. MJ only lets out a monotonous chuckle.

Feeling even more uncomfortable now, Peter speaks up, "um, I'm just gonna go change" as he points behind him. He looks at his girlfriend and says, "I'll see you out there." He gives MJ a small tight-lipped grin before walking off.

"Okay," y/n calls to him. She turns back to her friend, who's staring at her with an unreadable expression. She always looks like that though so she doesn't question it.

"We were worried about you," MJ states.

"Oh. Well, we're fine," y/n reassures her, smiling kindly.

MJ gives the tiniest of nods. "Good thing you're back, hm," she lightly chuckles, making the other girl nod. "So, uh, where are you and Parker going?"

"Oh, I'm not sure yet. We're just meeting outside in a few minutes. We wanna do something fun before we go home tomorrow," y/n answers, smiling excitedly.

MJ nods. "Sounds romantic," she comments, making her and y/n chuckle.

"Yeah..." y/n bashfully responds. "What about you? How's it going with Ezra?" she asks, giving her friend a teasing smirk.

MJ chuckles at this and looks down shyly. "Uh, good... He's, uh... he's really cool," she replies.

Y/n's nose scrunches as she smiles widely, excited for her friend. "Okay, girl, look at you!"

Both girls giggle and a hint of pink covers MJ's cheeks. She shakes her head before glancing up at y/n. There's something she really wants to ask her. She wants to interrogate her so badly but chooses to bite her tongue. She leans off of the doorframe and voices, "well, I'm gonna go to bed now. Night."

"Oh, okay. Goodnight, sleep well," y/n responds, grinning. MJ sends her one last grin before going back inside and closing her door. With that, y/n heads to her own room to get out of her dress and slip into a more comfortable outfit.