He watched her as she awkwardly said hi before she stiffly sat opposite him. He didn't like that she was being guarded around him and so he started the conversation.

"What would you like to drink?" Ameo passed her the menu.

She took it and looked through it, thankfully they had pictures of the drinks because she did not know how to read the names. Blair's eyes stopped to a tropical-looking drink.

She turned the menu over for Ameo to see. "C-can I have this one?"

Ameo waved over the server and exchanged a few words before they were left alone once more.

"Tell me about yourself."

Blair looked over at him, surprised by his sudden request. "Myself?"

He shrugged. "Yeah, I want to know more."

She stared at him for a quick moment. "B-but you know everything. Didn't you do a background check on me?"

"Hmm, no, not really. There's very little information about you. Most of your early stages of life, you lived with your parents and sister. You moved out once you got a job, you didn't attend college and your roommate, Alessia, is the only person you know besides your ex-boyfriend." Ameo looked outside the large windows. "You had a very simple life with barely any interaction in social media."

Ameo looked back at her and she was gapping in shock. "So, that's how much I know about you, not that much."

She leaned on the chair. "My life is boring, there's really not much to say..." Her voice was barely audible, but he heard it.

"Tell me about the parts I didn't mention. Let's start with your childhood."

Blair's heart sped up and her seat became uncomfortable. She didn't have the best memories growing up. Her sister was the shining star in the family while she was the shadow; any achievement she did, Evangeline did better. Always. All her sister's mistakes were forgiven, but her own were told to everyone, to the point she was used to being openly humiliated by comparing her to Evangeline's successes.

Blair stopped the urge to crinkle the hem of her skirt, who knew how much this dress cost. "My sister is the only sibling I have. W-we had both goods and... bad days..." she trailed off like she wanted to say more but stopped.

Ameo waited in silence for her to continue, but she didn't. "Is that it?" he asked after a while.

She avoided his gaze as she answered. "Y-yeah, just a normal sibling relationship. I told you it was boring."

He observed her. She refused to look him in the eye and her shoulders were tense; she was avoiding the question and he knew that. He didn't press any further and went with the flow instead. "I suppose you are right."

The dinner went smoothly, no one touched on subjects that would spoil the mood.

Ameo made sure and reassured her he wouldn't judge her. Blair soon became relaxed around him, she could now speak without overthinking it, letting the conversation flow with ease between them. And before they knew it, they had been talking until it was nine at night.

Outside was pitch black, with street lights and cars creating a path in the dark. "It's late. Let's go back." He stood up and assisted her to stand as well.

"Aw! No! I wanna go baaack!" Her voice was loud and words a bit slurred as she leaned on Ameo as he led her out of the restaurant.

Blair slouched on the seat and looked out the window as the car drove away. "Ameo."

His eyes were closed as he leaned his head on the headrest. "Yeah?"

"The city lights are so colourful and pretty," she said, her voice showing genuine admiration.