Ch 61

Aria's POV

I was wheezing softly, by entire body feeling cold now that the burning had subsided.

I could taste the blood in my throat and I struggled to swallow, choking slightly.

Alastor's shadow held me close to him, just holding me in his arms as he stared down at me with a soft frown.

Smiling up at him weakly, I chuckled.

"It feels like I've done this before..." I whispered hoarsely, wrapping my fingers around his hand that was situated on top of my wound.

He churred sadly, and pulled me closer to him.

My vision blurred, and I felt like I was getting further and further away, floating.

The shadow suddenly leaned forward, slowly pressing his forehead against mine, and closing his eyes.

I closed mine in return, knowing I won't have the strength to open them again.

'Love you...'

My lip quivered and a few tears slipped past my lashes.

"I love you, too..." I whispered weakly.

Just as I felt like I couldn't hold on any longer, I felt a warm feeling rush through me and gasped. My eyes shot open and I could see Alastor's shadow slowly getting sucked into my wound.

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered, looking up at him. He brushed my hair back, smiling down at me softly.

Slowly, he disappeared into the wound, leaving me to lay on the ground. My strength returned to me, and I could breathe properly again.

My hand went over my chest where there had once been a fatal stab.

There was a hole in my shirt, but the skin had mended itself.

Did he just...

I closed my fist over my chest and shut my eyes.

"Thank you..." I whispered shakily, then opened my eyes to look up towards the fight.

I couldn't tell what was happening, but I could see shadows swarming around up there.

Looking around, I noticed there were some shadows crawling around on the ground, just watching me.

Pulling myself up, I narrowed my eyes on them.

Then they all backed away, and retreated up to the top of the rocks here everything was happening.

Strange.

My eyes shifted over to a small blob on the floor and I gasped, getting up and limping over to it.

"Zip!" I called, and he chittered weakly. I fell to my knees and pulled him into my lap.

He blinked slowly, and then sighed softly, nuzzling his face into my belly. I pet his head, relieved that he was at least responsive.