Ch 7

Rip Angel

Aria's POV

After breakfast, that little Niffty girl ushered everyone out of the kitchen. She said she needed to "deep clean".

I quickly figured out that Charlie wasn't bluffing when she said that Angel and I are the only guests.

As everyone meandered into the lobby, those who worked started settling into their duties. The cat demon that I didn't get to introduce myself to went over to the bar.

The lights flipped on, and he huffed before falling back into a chair. He grabbed a bottle off the rack behind him and flicked the cap off before beginning to drink it.

I decided I should probably go meet him.

Walking over, his eyes shifted to me momentarily before he rolled them.

Okay...?

I smiled at him, my ears lowering slightly from the glare he was giving me.

"What the fuck do ya want?" He grumbled as soon as I made it to the counter.

"Uh...I didn't get to say hi at breakfast. My name is Aria, I–"

"Do I look like I give two shits what yer fuckin name is? Fuck off," he growled at me, and my eyes widened. My lips were parted in surprise, and I wanted to be angry at the response.

Before I even had the chance, the sound of static caught my attention and I turned to see Alastor.

He just pops up out of nowhere, huh?

"Husker my good friend," he said with a little chuckle, "perhaps we should be a bit more hospitable to our guests, hm?" He said, but his eyes were narrowed on the cat, a growl behind his tone.

The cat...Husker, I'm assuming...glanced between Alastor and me. He looked confused for a second, but one look at the expression on Alastor's face had him yielding.

"Fucking Christ ..." he murmured, "fine, whatever, hello, I am Husk, it is nice to meet you."

He said this monotonously, and I glanced at Alastor.

He wasn't glaring at the cat anymore, but he was looking at me. His eyes were soft and I shook my head and cleared my throat.

"U-uh I'm Aria, I'm new here..." I said, and went to glance at Alastor again but he was gone. I blinked and shook my head again, then smiled at Husk and met his eyes.

"I just wanted to introduce myself...I hope we can be friends," I said, my voice sounding anything but confident. I didn't really give him time to respond before I walked off.

My brows furrowed and I glanced around.

Something about Alastor is so familiar to me, but I can't figure it out. I'm completely positive I've never met him before.

But every time he looks at me, I feel myself get caught for a second on his eyes. Those eyes look so familiar to me.

After a second, I sighed and shrugged it off. It's probably nothing.

I took my time exploring through the hotel. I was right, before, this place is huge. It has so many different rooms, most of them dusty and ancient looking.

Most of my afternoon was spent just finding my way around, getting familiar with all the floors and the area.

I was walking down the hallway leading back towards the lobby when I saw the moth, and I smiled at her.

She glared at me, and my smile turned a bit nervous. I stopped, and she took the cue and stopped as well, crossing her arms.

"Hey," I said quietly and she scoffed.