Ch 25

Alastor's POV

When we appeared in my room, I let out a soft sigh. Then, like a little echo, there was another sigh just to my left.

I looked down at her, a calm smile on my face. Her hair was full of bouncy curls, the beautiful dress I'd bought her hugging her body perfectly.

She looked up at me, those bright orange eyes finally holding the recognition I've been waiting for.

And she laid her head on my arm.

"I love you," she said softly and my chest swelled.

I swept her up off her feet and took her to the bed, falling onto my back and just holding her close to me.

I buried my nose into her neck and peppered her skin with little kisses, trailing them up and down. She started purring, and I smiled against her skin.

"I love you too, my darling, and I don't want you worrying..." I mumbled before placing more soft kisses on her shoulder.

She hummed and rolled over, positioning herself in my lap.

Feeling her weight against me...knowing she sees me the same way I see her...

It felt like forever, but now that it's here it was worth the wait.

"I'm not...I mean, I am, but I'll try my best not to be," she giggled softly, "I don't want to spend this time with you worrying..." she said quietly, running her fingers down the side of my neck.

I shivered slightly and trailed my fingers up the sides of her legs. They went past the hem of her dress, and I settled at the divot her hips created.

She leaned down and hovered over my lips, still speaking softly when she spoke her next words.

"I mean, you just got me back...wouldn't want to spoil that..." she whispered against my lips, and I growled in response before closing the space.

I kissed her softly, enjoying the feeling of her hands as she gently ran her fingers down my neck. She started to unbutton my jacket, and I leaned up a bit to help her.

After removing that, she went to work at my shirt and I chuckled into the kiss.

The shirt was gone in a moment, followed immediately by her fingers skimming over my stomach.

She sighed happily, finally breaking the kiss to look down at my torso.

"I missed this...I missed you..." she said softly, "it was so frustrating, because whenever I would look at you I knew I was missing something..."

I toyed with the fabric of her dress, listening silently.

"Now that I have you back...it's just like...everything is so perfect..." she laughed softly, "y'know, despite the creepy man that wants to kill me, but that's not the point right now," she said nonchalantly.

I shrugged, squeezing her sides gently, "he'd have to get through me, first, my love..." I purred, then pulled her down closer to me.

Moving her hair to the side, I placed gentle kisses against the other side of her neck. I started leaving little love bites, which lead to hickeys.

Her fingers tangled into my hair and she quickly became breathless. I forgot how liberating breaking her down to this begging mess could be.

She tugged at the strands of my hair, ultimately pulling a few groans from me, and I pulled away from her skin.

I admired the particularly dark mark I'd left.

Finally able to claim back what belongs to me.