Ch 10

Nice save

Aria's POV

"Alright, you gotta at least try this one on for me," Angel said, holding a dress out towards me.

I looked at it skeptically.

"Angel...I think our styles may be slightly different," I said, taking the soft fabric.

It was burgundy, and had a sweetheart neckline. The skirt didn't look too awfully short.

"I know, I know...that's why I reeled it in when I picked that out," he said, sounding proud of himself as he put his hands on his hips.

I glanced over at Alastor. He was standing a few feet away, looking over the dress shirts they had. I pursed my lips and looked back to the dress.

"Ok, fine...I'll try it on," I said, and Angel celebrated.

"Fuck yes! Ok, dressing rooms are this way, toots," he said, taking me by the hand and dragging me over to the dressing rooms.

When he finally threw me into one, I shut the door and locked it.

"Come out when you're changed!" He called, and I heard his footsteps fade, then I sighed and looked to the mirror.

My eyes trailed over my loose t-shirt and leggings.

When I got the dress on, I was reluctant to look in the mirror. I haven't worn anything like this in a long time, and I wasn't sure how I would feel about it.

But when my eyes shifted to the reflective glass, they widened and my lips parted in surprise.

This dress is absolutely beautiful.

I don't know what I would ever wear it for, but it's gorgeous. Slowly, I smiled, and opened the dressing room door.

"Angel!" I hissed.

Silence.

I groaned and stepped out hesitantly, looking around for him. Where the hell did he go?

My feet carried me back towards the main department store, just to look for him, and immediately demons started staring at me.

I felt a tad bit uncomfortable, and hoped Angel would just appear.

But that hope flew out the window when I saw him across the store, flirting it up with some guy. He made a 'you got money?' Motion with his hand, and the guy nodded.

Then, they both turned and left the store.

I scoffed.

So, he makes me put this dress on, leaves me to where I have to come out and find him, and then literally leaves?

Ugh...Angel...

I was fuming slightly, but then there was a soft record scratch behind me. That familiar static rose in the air and I turned to face him.

He was staring at me, his smile stretched wide. He looked surprised.

My cheeks heated up slightly at the realization that he's seeing me in this dress. I don't know why that's making me so nervous, but suddenly I feel the need to go check my appearance.

"What are you wearing, honey?" He asked, and stepped closer to me. His hands were casually behind his back, a curious expression replacing the shock.

"I-I just...uh, Angel forced me to put this on," I chuckled slightly, shaking my head, "I came out to find him, but he just left with some random demon," I explained and Alastor's eyes shifted towards the door.