Ch 16

Enjoy this chaos

Enjoy this chaos.

Aria's POV

I gave him a little nervous smile as he stared at me quizzically in the open doorway.

He stepped into his office, shutting the door behind him.

That small action made my ears lower, and I watched him as he slowly approached me. His movements were graceful, as always.

However, where I expected him to scold me, or get angry, he simply smiled and tilted his head.

"Why are you in my office, dear?" He chuckled softly, and my damn heart started beating faster and faster by each passing second.

His approach brought him directly in front of me, and that intense gaze was locked onto my much smaller, and very defenseless form.

"U-uh, I- I was...Charlie...she gave me...documents—" I stuttered pitifully, pointing to his desk where the papers lay.

He turned his eyes to the files, and then cocked an eyebrow and turned back towards me.

"I see..." he mused. Then, the cocky bastard smirked at me and lowered his eyelids. He bent forward, his scent clouding my mind.

That scent...safety...

Home.

My eyes widened slightly and my cheeks heated up as he got very close to my face.

He was giving me a look...I want to say it's flirtatious, but I don't think that's the right word. It was more...teasing...

And it was familiar...almost as if I've seen this look on his face a million times before.

"Why so rosy, peu d'amour?" He purred, it was almost like a low whisper.

My lips parted at the nickname he just used, and I blinked.

Why so rosy, peu d'amour?

That voice bounced around in my head, a brief moment flashing through my mind. It was blurred, hazy.

Me, in my bed with a man. I can't see either of our faces, but I was in his lap.

You know why.

My voice was clear as day in the memory, and then it ended.

I blinked several times,

"W-what did you just call me?" I whispered, and his eyes widened. That look left his features in an instant, and he gained a new look.

"Peu d'amour..." he said again, softer.

I'm sure I've never heard that before in my life...but at the same time I'm not...because I know exactly what it means.

"Little love..." I mumbled, barely even audible.

There was a moment of us just looking at one another.