Ch 46

Work in progress: divine trophies.

Aria's POV

"No, Angie, Alastor's pubic hair is not red!" I giggled, holding my phone up as I face-timed with Angel.

My foot kicked leisurely, making the porch swing sway back and forth gently. It was a beautiful day, the sky was a light pinkish red, making for lovely lighting.

"Oh c'mon...you can tell me it'll be our secret!" He whispered into the phone, and I scrunched my nose at him.

"I am not telling you what color his public hair is..." I looked away with a cheeky little smile, and then mouthed 'black'.

Angel gasped, "does he trim?" He asked as if we were talking about a scandal.

I rolled my eyes, "Angel, this is Alastor we're talking about...of course he cleans up," I said as if it were obvious.

Which, it was.

"Y'know what you should do, toots?" He said, pointing his popsicle at the phone screen. I tilted my head.

"What?" I asked him, and he smirked, sucking on the popsicle a bit before answering.

"You should shave yours into little shapes...y'know, like those aesthetic bitches do? A little heart would be cute," he said, making me blush.

"Angel I am not comfortable talking about–" suddenly my ear swiveled and I perked up slightly at a strange noise.

"What's up, tootsie roll?" Angel asked, and I turned towards the weird noise.

It sounded like something scratching at the back of the house.

I tried to see it better, but I couldn't really tell from where I was sitting. Looking back to the phone, I smiled.

"Uh...just a weird noise. I'm gonna go check it out," I said, and Angel was immediately against it.

"Toots, tootsie, babe, go get Al," he said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Angel, it's nothing. He said just the other day the barrier is solid," I said and Angel still wasn't sold.

"Aria, getcha ass in dat house and getcha man." He ordered, and I sighed, standing up.

"Nah, he's busy. I'm going to check it out," I said and Angel kept protesting.

"You'd betta no—!"

"Bye Angel, love you!" I said quickly, ending the call. I shoved the phone into my pocket, sighing again and stepping off the porch. I glanced towards the window that I could see Alastor through, and he seemed preoccupied.

Slow steps took me around the side of the house where the quiet scratching could be heard. The closer I got, the louder it was.

A little black ball came into view, wiggling around. It was where the noise was coming from, and I slowly approached it, being cautious.

A little animal...? What is it...

"Hey..." I said softly, and the little thing jumped and spun around, it's eyes wide when it saw me.

I froze.

"Hey," I said, narrowing my eyes, "you're that little guy...the little shadow," I said with a small smile.

I slowly got closer to him, crouching on the ground and reaching my hand out like before, "are you the same one?" I asked him, "did you follow me?"

I would be worried...but, if he were trying to hurt us, the barrier would've stopped him.