Ch 3

When you get home from massacring demons and your baby greets you. (Not for this story)

Alastor's POV

I quickly grabbed Charlie's hand, teleporting us up to Aria's room. We were just outside in the hall, and the sound of yelling and things banging around could clearly be heard.

Charlie quickly opened the door, and then immediately screamed and ducked when a lamp shattered against the wall directly next to her head.

With widened eyes we both stared at the destroyed room, Aria and Vaggie were on the ground.

And it looks like my Aria is winning.

My smile widened and amusement bubbled up inside me. Charlie grabbed my arm.

"Al, do something!" She said worriedly, and I glanced down at her.

"Why? I'm quite curious to see the end result of this—"

"Alastor!" She fussed and I chuckled before snapping my fingers. In an instant, Aria was restrained by my shadows.

Vaggie quickly got up and hurried over to us. Other than a few scrapes and a bit of disorientation, she looks fine.

"Alastor, why did you bring that psycho to the hotel!" Vaggie hissed, and my amusement was dampened by irritation at the disrespect.

After ushering the girls out before shutting the door, we all stood in the hallway.

Vaggie was fuming and Charlie was worriedly checking her for any serious injuries. Her glare was pointed at me, and I simply smiled down at her with my hands behind my back.

"Your little friend in there just tried to kill me!" She said angrily, and I shrugged.

"Why did you bother her?" I asked simply, and Vaggie's head nearly exploded.

"I was just asking if she was alright!" She hissed, "I was checking on her!"

I glanced between the two girls, then sighed.

"Listen, girls, she's been in hell for a very short amount of time...and in that time she was alone, very scared, and probably backstabbed and betrayed a number of times," I explained calmly, "so, she may not be the most susceptible to warming up to new people just yet," I finished.

I glanced at the door, my gaze softening momentarily.

"I'll handle her...just go get yourself cleaned up, miss Vagatha," I said, my voice losing its edge. After they walked off, I turned and faced the door.

I braced myself, counting down from 3 in my head before stepping forward and opening the door.

Quickly I shut the door, and I expected to be promptly attacked.

But the room was quiet. I'd released her after I got the girls out, and curiously I panned the room, looking for her.

The room was an entire wreck, shattered glass and pillow fluff littered the floor. It was dark, the only light being the dim red glow from the evening outside.

Finally my eyes landed on her tiny figure, huddled into the darkest corner of the room. Her bright orange eyes were what stood out the most.

My smile softened to a more friendly one, and I slowly approached her. Then I stopped when she laid her ears back and hissed at me.

I put my hands up and backed up again.

She was shaking, her eyes darting around.

"W-where am I?" she stuttered, and then narrowed her eyes, "who are you, a-and who are those other people?"