Ch 22

I would like to start this with a thank you to TheDarkEmperor for letting me use the character that I'll be introducing this chapter! Please go check out their stuff if you write hazbin works or just stories in general.

Above is their design of their character that I transferred into my art style.

Alastor's POV

My heart felt heavy watching her hurry towards the curtain. She bumped into Charlotte, and they exchanged a short look.

Then she slipped out into the loud bustle of demons.

Charlie immediately turned towards me, her look morphing into confusion as she approached me.

"Alastor what happened?" She asked me, and I sighed heavily, putting my hands over my face momentarily before running them both back through my hair.

"She's starting to remember..." I said, my voice sounding somber. Charlie got a look of excitement, and smiled.

"Oh, well that's great!" She said and I shook my head, causing her excitement to fizzle.

"No...she's remembering slowly, so she's confused...and frustrated. She thinks we're lying to her...by the way, miss Charlotte, she included you in that," I said, narrowing my eyes.

She got a guilty look on her face, and tapped her fingers together nervously.

I bent forward, meeting her eyes that she'd averted, only for her to avert them once more.

"What did you do?" I asked her lowly, and she seemed to be debating whether or not she should be truthful.

For hers, and every other demon in this building's sake I hope she chooses honesty.

Finally she folded, sighing and throwing her hands at her sides, "I- I may have told her to ask you out—"

"What?!" I growled, knowing my eyes probably flickered. Quickly I took a deep breath.

Charlie flinched and gave me a timid smile, "just a little push, y'know?" She said, and I glared at her.

Then her smile faded, "but I let something slip when I asked her...and I'm sorry because that may have aided in the disagreement you two had—"

"How did you know about that?" I questioned her, and her eyes widened.

"Charlie, were you spying on us?" I asked her, disbelief coating my voice. Angel Dust I'd fully expect this disrespectful behavior from, but Charlie?

She looked down in shame, and I scoffed, then I spoke, my voice sounding hard.

"Charlotte look at me."

She looked up, looking pitiful. I can't be too mad at her, but this behavior is unacceptable. Especially from her, she knows better.

"Like I told our spider friend, my love life is none of your concern. Leave us be, and it will happen when it happens," I growled, narrowing my eyes.

"Do I make myself clear?"

She nodded, guilt all over her face.

I tried to keep my gaze cold as I stared at her, but she looked up at me with big eyes and whimpered a little, "I'm sorry..."

Somehow effectively making me feel like a prick.

I sighed heavily and looked away from the heart wrenching expression on her face, "oh, I forgive you..." I grumbled, "but I am serious, don't ever—"