Ch 36

Narrator POV

Ezekiel lay wheezing on the ground of Xander's lair, coughing up angelic blood.

His hands shook violently as he stared down at his aching fingers. The pain shooting through his hands was nearly unbearable.

A strangled cry left his throat as claws shoved his regular nails out, replacing them. They were bloody, like a newborn child.

He sobbed, shaking his head.

"No...what's happening to me..." his choked cries were drowned out by the click of footsteps approaching him.

Holding his bleeding stomach he looked towards the noise.

Xander walked towards him, just looking down at the sad scene. His gaze was like ice and Ezekiel coughed before he growled.

"You bastard! Y-you knew—"

"That he would kill you?" Xander interjected, then laughed, "yes! I did!" He then growled and kicked Ezekiel to the side.

The fallen angel gasped and choked on a scream. The pain in his chest and stomach was searing and intense.

Like his insides were melting.

"However, I was hoping you would be able to perform just one simple task before he did. It seems everyone I trust to do a job is just fucking incompetent," Xander said, throwing his hands up.

Ezekiel couldn't get up. His legs were refusing to lift him, the pain getting worse and worse. Tears dripped down his face as he stared at the claws he now had.

"What have you done to me..." he whimpered, giving up on trying to stand.

Xander scoffed before chuckling, "the only one to blame for your current condition is yourself. Had you simply accepted the fate handed to you, you would still be very much an angel, still up in the city of gold," he exclaimed dramatically, thrusting his hands towards the ceiling.

He then walked over to the poor man, bending down and grabbing him by the hair, lifting his head to look into his eyes.

Ezekiel could only look up into the crazed eyes of this demon he trusted.

How foolish.

"But...you just couldn't let go of the hatred in your heart. Falling from grace...just like the rest of us."

Xander dropped his hair, letting Ezekiel's head fall back to where it had been.

"However, you're useless to me now. Not only that, but you betrayed your end of the deal..."

Ezekiel's eyes widened, his body trembling. Silver blood pooled around him.

Suddenly he felt Xander's foot against his back, shoving him into the ground. He then felt the demon grab both of his wings, pulling them taut.

"Not completely useless..." Xander mumbled before yanking against the, now black, wings.

Ezekiel screamed in agony as the wings tore from his shoulder blades, flesh tearing away with them.

The bones of his shoulder blades were exposed, the angelic blood flowing from the gaping wounds.

Xander looked over the large wings, holding the heavy objects as if they weighed nothing.

"These will make for a nice trophy..." he spoke to himself, taking his foot off the wailing man's back.

With that Xander began to walk towards his workshop to taxidermy the wings for hanging. With his hand he motioned towards his pets that laid waiting patiently, hunger in their eyes as they stared at the bleeding former angel.