Ch 43

Aria's POV

Something I miss the most about the overworld is the clouds

Laying on my back and looking at the clouds was one of my favorite things.

Now it's just a blood red sky, a pentagram spinning leisurely where there should be a sun.

"What are you thinking of, my love?"

I looked over at Alastor.

We were laying side my side on a blanket in the front yard. We decided to eat lunch outside today, and afterwords we laid down, just enjoying each other's company.

"Just about how much I miss the clouds..." I said softly, looking back to the sky.

He hummed, and I felt his hand slide over mine, squeezing my fingers.

"I know dear...I do too," he said quietly.

We sat in silence a moment longer, and I looked over at him. He had his arm up under his head, using it as a pillow.

His eyes were closed, and he had a rare relaxed expression on his face.

I looked at his lips, then at his eyelashes. No matter how many times I look at his features, I can never get over how perfect he is in every way.

In my eyes, at least.

Not a man dead or alive could ever come close to comparing with him.

Suddenly, a breeze blew by, causing a small dry leaf to hit me in the face.

I blinked pulling the leaf off of me, and looking at it. An idea wormed it's way into my head, and I smiled deviously, looking back over at him.

Quietly, I started gathering leaves, checking every once and a while to make sure he was still not paying me any attention.

After I'd gathered a handful of leaves I discretely moved myself to be kneeling next to him. I held the small pile above his face, and then froze when he spoke.

"Whatever it is you're about to do...I'd advise you against it," he said, his eyes still closed.

I stayed completely still, not even breathing.

Slowly he opened his eyes, lazily looking up at me, then to the air strike I had positioned above his head.

He narrowed his eyes at me, not moving an inch.

"You wouldn't dare."

Without saying a word, I released the leaves.

They scattered across his face, and he closed his eyes and scrunched his nose.

Then his relaxed expression split into a wild smile, showing me his razor sharp teeth before he opened his eyes and looked up at me.

"You're so dead," he chuckled, and excitement bubbled in my chest at his acceptance of my game, and I scrambled up from my position.

He got up as well, and I giggled, running from him.

"You can't outrun me, little fox," he growled, and I ran into the forest, ducking behind a tree and narrowly avoiding his hand as he tried to grab me.

We danced around the tree, ducking back and forth.

Finally I sprinted off, trying to contain my laughter.

"Aww, the radio demon can't catch his prey? Maybe you're losing your touch," I taunted him, and suddenly the sound of his footsteps stopped.

I slowed to a stop, turning to see what he was doing.