Ch 2

The sweetheart and the psychopath.

Alastor's POV

My knuckles met the stained glass in a rhythmic knock.

I stood back and waited patiently, running my thumbs gently over Aria's arm. I looked down at her, taking in her appearance.

Without that anxious pinch in her face, she looks just as I'm used to. The freckles across her nose were a dead giveaway that this was in fact my Aria.

Her breaths were soft and even. I need to get her a place to stay, and then some food...she looks absolutely famished. She doesn't have much room to get any smaller.

The door in front of me clicked, opening wide to reveal a smiling princess.

"Hello! Welcome to the-" her words caught, and I gave her a smile.

Her smile, however, fell instantly.

"Alastor..." she said, and I chuckled before brushing past her and into the hotel.

"Yes, hello, Charlie. I hope you've been well, dear," I said, and the soft sound of the door closing was the response I received.

I turned towards her, wide smile spread across my face.

"I do hope you have some spare room? I need to get this little sweetheart situated," I said and she just blinked and stared at me. Then her eyes fell to the girl in my arms.

She hurried over, looking at her.

"Is she Ok? What happened?" Charlie questioned, her tone sounding worried. I opened my mouth to explain, but I was cut off by a growl.

"Hijo de puta!" Came an angry voice from behind me, and my eyelids lowered. I turned to face the insect, putting on my best fake smile.

"Vagatha! How nice-"

Then there was a spear to my throat.

"How dare you show your ugly backstabbing face around here!" She seethed at me, and I felt myself become irritated.

I don't have time for this.

Any second she could wake up, and that won't be good for anyone.

"You flatter me, Vaggie, truly. I can explain my absence after we get my friend here situated," I offered, honeying my tone.

Charlie pushed the spear away from my neck, and then put her hands on her girlfriend's shoulders reassuringly. Vaggie huffed and then she seemed to finally notice the woman I was holding.

She gasped sharply, immediately becoming angry again.

"What did you do!" She accused me, and my composure finally snapped at the implication that I was the cause of her current state.

"Would you shut up, you useless insect!" I bit at her, and her and Charlie's eyes both widened.

I sighed then, and took a deep breath.

"I will explain...later...right now I need a room, because I want to get her fixed up before she wakes up and tries to fight everyone in this room, so please can I-"

"Room 450," Charlie cut off my rambled excuses, and waved her hand. A key jangled into existence and she handed it to me.

"Welcome back, Al..." she said with a warm smile. Vaggie scoffed, but said nothing. I gave her a genuinely grateful smile, and teleported up to the fourth floor.

"450...450..." I murmured to myself as I walked down the long hallway. The door came into view, and I shifted Aria in my arms so that I could unlock it.