Ch 28

I'm sorry for the lack of artwork guys, I'll try to get some stuff done but I'm doing school, working third shift and writing these chapters.

Schedule's a bit tight rn, and I appreciate all of you. Nothing makes me happier than reading comments and seeing votes. If you're wondering if I recognize you if you do so regularly, yes I do.

Anyway sorry for the sappy A/N.
Love you guys❤️

Alastor's POV

I watched from the bar as Aria and Angel danced around the lobby. There was a twisted up feeling in my chest, watching Angel hold her like that, but I knew it was all in good fun.

Plus, the happy smile on her face was enough to make me swallow my pride.

The ice ball in my whiskey clinked against the sides of the glass as I rolled it around. I sighed softly, and my mind started once again to wonder to that demon.

There's something familiar about him, I can't quite pin it. Have we fought before?

Perhaps that's it.

Either way, it's bothering me, but what's bothering me even more is that I can't figure out what he wants.

To get rid of Aria...that much is obvious. But what is his motive when it seems she's done nothing to him? I've done nothing to this demon, so what is his problem with us.

"So, that's your woman, huh?" Came a gruff voice from next to me. I'd explained to the rest of the hotel staff Aria and I's situation. No one seemed very alarmed by it.

I turned to him and nodded, taking a drink of the abrasive liquid in my cup.

"Indeed...quite something, isn't she?" My gaze turned back towards her, my smile softening as the sound of her laughter drifted over to us, "the loveliest woman I've ever met..."

Husk was quiet for a second before I heard the sound of a glass setting down on the counter.

"I have to agree with ya, Al, as much as it pains me," he said, and I turned towards him again.

He shrugged, "of course, I see her differently than you do," he said, polishing a glass and keeping his eyes downcast, "she ain't nothin but a baby to me...I see a little girl when I look at her. She's a sweetheart."

These words surprised me coming from Husker, he's normally so offensive and...unpleasant.

His thoughtful look turned sour and he pointed at me, "don't tell her a word of what I just said." He growled and I nearly laughed at the quick return of his attitude.

I raised my eyebrows and took another drink of my whiskey, downing the rest of it.

"Don't worry Husker, your affections are safe with me, my friend," I said with a broad smile. He rolled his eyes and walked away to get away from me I'm sure.

Just then something grabbed my arm, and the small hands, yet tight grip, told me who it was.

I turned my eyes down to a slightly breathless Aria. She was smiling up at me, and she tugged on my arms.

"C'mon Al, come dance with us!" She giggled, and I glanced over at Angel who was giving me a smirk.

"No."

Her face fell into a pout, her ears lowering.

She got close to me, laying her head on my arm and batting her eyelashes, "pleaaaase?" She asked sweetly, and I tried to keep my composure intact.