Ch 40

I just realized I've had this story set to "complete" and I really don't know how long it's been like that 😭😭

Aria's POV

"Peu d'amour..."

The soft whisper barely broke through my hazy mind. I feel like I've been asleep for a hundred years.

My entire body stretched involuntarily, a little squeak forcing its way out.

Finally, my body relaxed and my eyes opened, immediately trying to find the source of the voice that woke me up.

Alastor was standing on my side of the car, holding the door open with an amused grin on his face.

"You're very cute," he said simply and I rolled my eyes, but smiled as I took his outstretched hand.

One foot at a time I stepped out of the wretched, cramped car. Again I stretched, but this time I lifted my arms over my head, stretching my back out.

Alastor took advantage of the brief moment my eyes were closed and scooped me up off the ground.

I gasped in surprise, wrapping my legs around his waist so I wouldn't fall. His arms hooked under my butt, and I put my hands on his chest, eyelids lowered.

"I have legs, y'know," I grumbled, and he purred softly, his ears lowered slightly and a soft smile on his face.

He buried his nose into the side of my neck and kissed me, leaving little kisses all the way up my neck to my jaw.

"I know...but a true gentleman carries his Queen through the front door," he said, making me blush wildly.

I'd gotten so used to the coldness he showed to everyone outside of our relationship, I'd forgotten what he was truly like.

This was the Alastor I left behind...now that it's just us again, I have him back.

That realization made me smile widely, and I pressed my forehead against his.

"You're a sap, you know that?" I said with a soft giggle, and he hummed.

"Only to you...now let's go see what a royal vacation home looks like," he suggested, making my ears perk and excitement flood my chest.

Aside from the circumstances that brought us here, I can't say I'm not excited to literally be living like the king and queen.

I turned slightly, finally noticing the house that was a few hundred feet away.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

I was expecting maybe a mansion like my old house...kinda big, but not too huge...

This house could've eaten my old one.

"Holy fucking shit." I said, my voice full of disbelief as I stared at the ginormous house.

"You can say that again," Alastor mumbled, walking us up to the large flared stairs that lead to equally large arched front doors.

The glass that was in the front doors was crystallized, making a pretty pattern that twinkled.

I 'oooo'ed softly, touching the glass before Alastor opened one of the two doors, revealing a foyer that looked more like a living room.

I had to crane my neck just to take in all the grand space. There were intricate details everywhere.

Everything was either white, marble, or gold. It definitely looked like it belonged to royalty.

Pictures of Charlie lined the walls from when she was a baby, along with the king and queen.