Ch 4

Saw this cute idea on Instagram, had to draw it.

Aria's POV

I stared down at the empty bowl in front of me. I think for the first time since I've been in hell, I feel like I got enough to eat.

Not only that, but it was delicious.

The food itself tasted very familiar, although I'm sure I've never had it before.

The man...the one who gave it to me. The one who just seemed to appear in my alley way, and swept me away from it for seemingly no reason.

He seems familiar as well.

There's something about his face...he's very...intense. He's intense and scary.

He reminds me of Jake.

But he hasn't done anything so far...not to hurt me, at least. When I tried to fight him in the alley he refused to fight back.

At the time I was terrified, I was convinced he was going to eat me. I mean, look at those teeth...you're telling me you wouldn't think the same thing?

Instead he...got me a place to stay?

What even is this place...why is he helping me?

Suddenly my doorknob jiggled, and my head snapped up to the door. Anxiety prickled in my chest.

I really hope it's him again...definitely not the moth demon I attacked earlier. I feel bad about that...I think she was just checking on me, but she just kind of barged in and it scared the shit out of me.

I had just woken up in a place I've never seen before.

However, the door opened to reveal a different woman. A woman with blonde hair, and a warm smile.

She almost looks human...her skin is pasty white, blush circles on her cheeks like a clown would have. Her face was very pretty, her cheeks look soft...

Overall she looks friendly.

But looks can be deceiving.

"Hello..." she started softly, and I shifted my legs closer to my chest.

She put her hands up, "no, no...it's alright, I'm just here to check up on you...I can answer any questions you have, maybe?" She offered softly.

She slowly made her way towards me, and then sat on the edge of the bed like Alastor had.

"Who are you?" I started with, keeping my eyes narrowed.

She kept that same soft look on her face, "my name is Charlie...I'm the owner of this hotel," she said, which brings out my next question.

"What is this place? I know it's a hotel, but like...why is it free?" I asked her, and she perked up slightly.

"Oh! My hotel aims to help people be better...we find people who are down on their luck, looking to improve themselves...the ultimate goal is redemption," she said excitedly, and my eyes widened slightly.

"Redemption?" I repeated, and she nodded.

Oh...I guess if that Alastor works for this hotel, and that's their goal, that explains why he wanted to help me.

"Yes, that's the goal," she said and I tilted my head slightly.

"Does it...work?" I asked her curiously, my body relaxing slightly.

She laughed nervously, and looked away momentarily. She tucked a bit of hair behind her ear, and then looked towards me again.

"Well, I...we're still working on that...we have one other client, currently," she explained, "and he's...uh...trying?" She said, sounding more like a question.