Ch 62

Aria's POV

Numb.

I felt numb...just staring at the wall where there had once been a door.

Staring at the wall that sealed away the love of my life...the only true love I've ever known.

My legs gave out, my knees hitting the floor roughly. I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't think.

Slowly my hands reached forward, my lips trembling as tears dripped off my face heavily. I opened my mouth to cry, but all that came out were silent, pitiful whimpers.

Then, as if god himself breathed life into me, my lungs regained air through a trembling gasp...only for it to be expelled in a mortified scream that fell into a deep sob.

My fingertips brushed against the wall before I closed my fists and started banging against it.

"You fuck! You motherfucking liar, you promised!" I screamed, falling against the wall as my claws dug into it desperately.

"Come back!" I sobbed, "open this door and come back to me!" My cries fell on empty ears, the only ones around to hear me being my friends.

They were all watching me with empathetic looks, and when I felt a touch against my shoulder, I turned around and let out a visceral hiss.

Angel didn't even react to that, running his hand down my back gently with a sad look in his eyes.

"He's gone, baby..." he said gently, lowering to his knees beside me.

Somewhere behind me I could hear Charlie's muffled sobs, and everything that had been fuzzy before became crystal clear.

My lips trembled and I sucked on my bottom lip to try and stop them.

I shook my head, refusing to believe what I knew was true.

He's gone...

More tears fell from my eyes and Angel used another set of hands to gently push my hair back. I was covered in sweat, and blood, and dirt.

Angel opened his arms, and I immediately threw myself against him, grasping at him desperately as I sobbed into his chest.

"He promised!" I cried, "he promised!"

At this point I was just choking on cries, beginning to feel sick, but I didn't care.

Angel rubbed my back soothingly, pulling me into his lap as he shushed me softly.

"I know suga..." he said, his voice wavering just barely, "I know he did...but'cha wanna know something?" He asked, pulling me away so he could look into my eyes.

I stared up at him, hiccuping, just trying to pull myself together.

Tears glittered against Angel's lashes, his voice cracking slightly with his next words, yet a smile stayed on his face.

"He loved you more than he has ever loved anything else that has ever breathed."

My breath caught in my sore throat, and Angel shook his head, using his thumbs to wipe away my tears, "n' you and I both know he wouldn't want ya sitting here cryin ova him..." he added, "you rememba what his annoyin ass catchphrase is, right?" He choked out, chuckling weakly.

Although there was a deep pain in my chest, I gave Angel a quivering smile, pulling both my pointer fingers to the corners of my mouth.

He nodded, "that's right, baby..." he said softly, brushing my hair back with his fingers. My ears stayed flat against my head.