Ch 53

Some more tethered to you content

Fun fact: Angelica is a BIG daddy's girl. She will copy anything he does except for killing people.

Alastor's POV

"Have you found anything, dear?" I asked Charlie on the other end of the phone.

I had one arm crossed over my chest, pacing back and forth on the front porch. My other hand held my phone up to my ear.

This phone I bought specifically to contact Charlie. Aria tried to show me how to download things, but I was uninterested.

"I've look everywhere Alastor...I really am running out of options—he's just not here," she said, and I growled lowly.

This is so frustrating.

How can a man who's so arrogant be so damn hard to find!

I raked my hand back through my hair and sighed, sliding it back over my face and closing my eyes.

The phone line was silent as I thought over my next plan. If I could just figure out where his damn talisman is...

"Alastor...?" Charlie's voice spoke warily through the phone and I sighed.

"I'm thinking, sweetheart, give me a moment..." I mumbled, and she muttered a small 'ok'.

Then something clicked.

I have an idea.

My smile widened slightly, "Charlotte..." I said, and she hummed, "I believe I have a plan, my dear."

Xander is a man like myself, a deal maker. He prays on those who are down on their luck and seeking help or revenge or power...for a price.

Always for a price.

So, if he comes to those who are so unfortunate...perhaps if someone stages as an individual of his tastes, they could get into his lair.

And then we'll know where he is.

As I explained my plan to Charlie, I glanced back inside the house to where I'd left Aria. She was no longer there...my brows furrowed.

Where'd she go? I know she's not a baby but it makes me feel better when I know where she is...just for now, while things are so dangerous.

Pursing my lips, I paused for a moment...then I just turned and kept talking.

She's ok. She can handle herself.

Aria's POV

I am not ok and I cannot handle myself.

Those were my thoughts as I stared at the burning food in front of me on the stove.

Alastor is on a phone call right now, so I figured I would try and find my little buddy to play with, but he's not here either.

So then, I thought hey...maybe I'll cook for myself. I can't always rely on Alastor to make me food...

But now I'm thinking maybe he doesn't let me near the stove when he's around because I'm a fire hazard...

Speaking of which, the pan just caught on fire.

I screamed, and tossed it away from me, blowing at the flames. That, of course, did absolutely nothing.

Panicking, I tried to wave them out with my hands, and I was scared I was going to get burned, so I—

Wait.

I reached forward and casually grabbed the pan, holding my other hand over the flames as they licked at my skin.