Ch 56

This took me way too long to finish

Alastor's POV

Opening the front door as I wiped a bit of blood from the corner of my mouth, I immediately rounded the corner to the downstairs living room.

My eyes landed on the couch, looking for my sleeping fox.

She wasn't there.

The blankets were tussled, thrown to the side and telling me she'd awoken. On the television was the frozen screen of more picture show suggestions.

Humming softly, I walked over and picked up the small remote control. Using it, I turned the box off, and threw it back on the couch.

"Aria?" I called out at around a medium volume. I was simply checking if maybe she'd gone to the bathroom.

No response was what I received, so my next move was to head up to our shared living quarters. I was gone longer than I meant to be...I surely hope she didn't go to bed all alone.

My steps clicked in the silence of this large mansion as I neared large wooden doors.

I pushed one side of the double doors open quietly, just in case she was asleep. Slipping into the room, I scanned the room for any sign of her.

However, when I did find her I...froze.

She's on the floor...I could just barely see the top of her head, the couch blocking the rest of her. She seemed to be messing with something.

Slowly I approached her, and the closer I came, I noticed her back go rigid. When I finally saw what she was doing...I can't really describe the feeling that ignited within me.

The small shadow creature immediately stopped rolling around upon seeing me, gaining a terrified look.

And rightfully so.

Slowly my static started acting up, making the atmosphere feel just a bit fuzzy. My arms went behind my back, my claws digging into my palm as I tried to calm my anger.

Not only did she lie to me...but she has been letting this thing run around the house...doing god knows what.

There is intelligence behind those bright white eyes. I know there's something not right about this creature, and I don't know why she couldn't have just trusted me.

I was hurt, angry, annoyed and scared.

Her ears lowered slowly, and that only told me that she knew exactly what she'd done. She knew exactly what she'd been doing.

"Aria."

I tried to keep my tone even, but admittedly I failed when my irritation clearly showed in the tightness with which I spoke her name.

her movements matched that same slow pace, and she got up off the floor, still facing away from me.

She tucked the small creature away, slightly out of my sight, but it still held onto her and peaked out at me.

I wanted to rip it to pieces and make her watch.

I wanted to tie her to the sofa and force her to watch me rip it to shreds.

I wanted to teach her a lesson.

The shame I felt from those thoughts was muted by my steadily growing anger.

She turned to face me, a teeny smile on her face. That won't get her out of this. That little apologetic look on her face won't save her this time. She owes me an explanation.

No matter how hard I try— no matter what I do, she just can't seem to keep herself out of danger. Even if the danger isn't obvious to her, I don't understand why it's so difficult in her head for her to understand she just needs to trust me!