Ch 60

Aria's POV

I struggled against my restraints, just watching the fight from afar.

Looking over at Zip, he had his ears down and wouldn't look at me.

"Zip!" I hissed, and he flinched, still avoiding my gaze.

I can't believe it. I can't believe he worked with Xander the entire time.

I can't believe Alastor was right, or how stupid I was.

All of this is my fault.

"Zip, please honey let me go!" I begged him, and he shook his head no. I sighed heavily, and finally got an arm free, reaching down to tilt his head up to look in my eyes.

"Are you scared of him?" I asked the creature, who nodded, his bright white eyes clearly showing fear.

I nodded, "I am too...but I can help get both of us free...Alastor is going to help too, and then we'll get you out of this, how's that sound?" I asked, and Zip's eyes widened.

He cooed softly and slowly loosened his hold. I could finally get some movement in my limbs and then he let go of me completely, hopping into my lap instead.

I sighed, petting him gently.

It's not his fault...

He's obviously just terrified...

"Can you get me up there? I need to go help him..."

Zip nodded, and suddenly I felt light headed as he teleported us up to the top of the rock that Alastor and Xander were standing on.

I noticed Xander was restrained by something invisible, his entire body having a soft red glow around it. Alastor had one hand up, holding him, and the other hand held a necklace.

The soft green glow at the center of the necklace was mesmerizing, my eyes being drawn to it.

Then I looked at Alastor, and we locked eyes.

I broke into a smile and ran up to him, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

My nose buried into his chest and I took a deep breath, missing this scent that makes me feel safe.

"Hello, my love..." he said softly, and I pulled away, looking over him for injuries.

"You're not hurt are you?" I asked him worriedly, and he shook his head. Then he slowly got on his knees, his hand twitching as he fought against Xander's attempts to break the spell.

He winced slightly, but kept up a smile, handing me the necklace in his hands before he cupped my cheek.

"I love you," he said softly, and I leaned into his touch, "I need you to do me a favor..."

I furrowed my brows as he closed my fist around the necklace, squeezing my hand.

"Shatter this...and then head back down to the ground and open a doorway home with this," he said, pulling a card from his inner coat pocket.