Ch 48

Música, my friends

Almost fuckin died on my way home from work last night– and because of a deer, no less! Seems proper, right?

Anyway, there's a new song by paranoid DJ out of you haven't listened—it's an Alastor original! (No he's not the voice actor, he just does a damn good impression)(and no it's not the song I attached to this chapter)

Aria's POV

The feeling of the broom in my hand was familiar.

The simple comfort brought to me by carrying something so normal was just a little bit sad. Ever since my talk with Al, I've been just a little bit...

Sad.

Sad that I can't see my friends...sad that I have to be cautious...sad that I can't just enjoy my death.

There's a part of me that just finds it so unfair...but we're in hell. Nothing is fair.

A quiet sigh passed through my lips and I stood up straight, stretching out my back. Looking around, I saw that everything was clean.

Alastor is out...he goes out once a week to check the perimeter and make sure everything is staying strong.

It doesn't take him too long, but I'm still left here all alone.

That sadness weighed on my chest, and my ears slowly lowered. Opening my phone, I looked at my Lock Screen.

Angel and I making silly faces...

Opening my phone, my Home Screen was Alastor and I...

I have the only picture in hell of the radio demon.

Apparently, every other picture he's in is distorted and warped. I only found that out after Angel noticed my phone wallpaper, and was very shocked.

I smiled softly and closed my phone, putting it in my pocket.

I guess I could go lay down for a little bit...clear my he—

Suddenly, a very weird noise coming from the fireplace cut off my thought. My eyes widened and I looked towards it.

Slowly I reached over and grabbed a kitchen knife, holding it close to my chest as ashes fell from the chimney...

There were a few more rustling noises and finally something fell down, a puff of ash floating up as it did.

I yelped softly and held my knife towards it, my hands shaking.

I approached cautiously, and looked at the little black ball.

Then, it lifted its head and two bright white eyes snapped open.

Immediately I lowered my knife and hurried over to the fireplace. Kneeling, I picked him up.

"What are you doing!" I hissed at the little shadow. His ears wiggled and he purred, snuggling up to my chest and getting ash all over me.

I hesitated, then sighed and rubbed him behind the ears. His purr got louder and a smile worked it's way onto my face.

I glanced to the sides, making sure I was still alone before looking down at the little thing.

"Y'know...what he doesn't know won't kill him..." I whispered softly, setting the creature in my lap before taking his little paws in my hands.

"You can stay..." I whispered, "but you gotta be discreet, ok? Alastor can't know you're here, cus he'll kill you...you'll be my little secret," I said, scrunching my nose at him before smiling sweetly.