Chapter 51: THE MISHAP

Start from the beginning

Third person POV:
He couldn't understand how to react, tears were threatening to spill from his eyes while his heart was worried for Anushka who had to manage this alone. Reaching hospital, he searched for Anushka and then finally found her sitting on a chair with her head in his hands. He ran and took her in a hug but she didn't hug him back. Virat in the heat of moment didn't realise and kept consoling Anushka while she just sat unmoved.
"Anushka, How's Kiara?..." Virat asked keeping her face between his palms but she just moved back and muttered "Better" coldly which obviously didn't go unnoticed by Virat. He thought that it's because she's worried for Kiara. He sat beside her and put her arm around her neck but she stood up instantly and went away. Virat didn't think much and looked at Kiara through the glass door. His always energetic and bubbly KIA was looking lifeless with all those needles dripped in her body, tears rolled down from his eyes but he wiped them instantly, in his heart he cursed himself for not being with KIA. He was worried for KIA as well as Anushka, he knew Kiara is her heartbeat and seeing her like this must've broken his Nushkie. He asked about KIA to the doctor, she was still not completely out of danger. Taking all the update on Kiara's health, Virat went to search for Anushka. After looking everywhere, he found her in the garden at the back of the hospital talking to someone over call. He reached near her to find out that she was informing her family about this accident and tears were running down from her eyes too. He went upto her and held her hands. Anushka didn't react but kept talking on the phone. As she disconnected, Virat tried to make a conversation but Anushka walked back. Now, Virat sensed that something is wrong. He went behind Anushka and started walking with her but she didn't even for once looked at him.
"Nushkie, Are you okay? Why are you not talking to me?" Virat asked concerned but Anushka behaved as she never heard him.
"Atleast look at me" He pleaded stopping her by wrist. Anushka looked and he could see unreal pain and hurt in her eyes.
"I know you have something in your heart. Say it, Nushkie. Vent it out please. I can't see you like this" Anushka badly wanted to break down and cry in his arms, tell him how much he has hurt her, how broken she felt when she had noone around but she didn't.
"I'm fine. You need not to worry about me or Kiara." She said and Virat knew that she is hurt but what he didn't know was the reason. He couldn't still understand his folly.
"Nushkie, Why are you saying like this? What happened?" He asked but nothing came from Anushka as a reaction other than a tear that unknowingly slipped out of her eyes. She walked again wiping the tear while Virat was numb. He tried reaching her again and this time he held her wrist and pulled her into a room and closed the door too. Anushka was surprised.
"What's this Virat? Open the door" Anushka said coldly.
"Nushkie, I want to talk to you. Please tell me what's wrong my love?" Anushka who was holding everything in her was slowly losing it all.
"Virat, Let me go. Open the door, Please" She said again.
"I'll let you go only when you tell me what happened? Please say it? I want to know" Hearing these words, Anushka decided to blast. She had a lot in her head and that's the moment she decided to let it all go...
"You want to know what's wrong? You want to know what happened?" Anushka asked and Virat nodded.
"Everything's wrong... My Kaira is fighting for her life, She got hit in front of my eyes and I could do nothing. She was there lying with blood all over and I stood there helplessly. I needed help, I needed someone, I needed YOU but you were nowhere. I wanted to cry, I wanted to break down and I needed your shoulder to lean on but you weren't there. You were the only person I knew in this city, you were the first one I called, you were the first one I reached out for help but you didn't even answer the calls and when you did, You didn't even listen. Everytime a tear slipped out of my eye, I wished you to be with me, i prayed to have your shoulder but All i found was myself alone shedding tears around those unknown faces." Anushka was crying by now and she looked absolutely broken. A sensitive soul like her must've been very hurt. Virat stood silently listening Anushka. He cursed himself for not picking up her calls and replying in haste. He tried to console her and wipe her tear but she jerked his hands away.
"Nushkie, I am sorry. I know I've hurt you, I know my apologies ain't enough to heal your wounds but please don't cry. I know I behaved as an absolute stupid, But please you don't cry for me.." Virat voice depicted the guilt he had in his heart.
"Virat, I walked out of the house because i trusted you, because you assured me that you'll be there for me, Because you promised me that you'll be just one call away. I trusted your words but none of them helped when i needed. I believed in your promise but you broke it. You broke not just the promise but me also..." Saying this, Anushka couldn't stand and got on her knees crying, Virat never in his life felt so helpless. He would've killed the person for hurting his Nushkie, but now when it was him only, he didn't know how to react, he cursed himself million times, the guilt in his heart was doubling up every second seeing Anushka so broken. He got on her knees in front of her and took Anushka's face in his hands but she backed out.
"Nushkie, I'm sorry. Please don't cry na.. I never wanted to hurt you, I was clueless of the whole situation... But still, i know i did wrong, but I can't see you cry because of a stupid like me" Anushka was way too broken to hear or understand any of his theory. She could've cried more if her phone didn't disturb her. A call from the doctor forced her to compose herself. She stood up, wiped her tears and moved out of the room without uttering any other word leaving Virat on his knees alone in the room. In that almost bright room, Virat could only feel darkness. He was guilty, He was upset, He was disturbed, He was disappointed. They say 'Seeing your loved ones cry feels bad, but seeing your loved ones cry because of you feels worst' and that's what Virat was experiencing. He has seen Anushka cry but he was always there to console his sweetheart but today, he was so helpless that he couldn't even go and wipe her tears and take her in a bear hug. Putting aside all the thoughts he went out of the room where Anushka and the doctor was talking. Anushka was looking clearly tensed, as Virat got near and asked doctor about Kiara's health. The doctor informed that she has suffered some internal injuries that can result in the formation of deadly tumour in her head. Anushka looked numb while Virat himself was not in the senses to digest this news. The two of them sat on the chairs with their heads in their hands and the same thing going through their minds- Prayers for Kiara. The night passed and Kiara still didn't gain consciousness. The whole night Virat many times tried to talk to Anushka, to comfort her but nothing worked. Anushka's cold behaviour was hurting Virat. He could've done anything to pacify Anushka at that time but that's not how it works, Right? As the sun shined alarming the people about a new morning, Virat insisted Anushka to go home and change as she looked exhausted and she was still wearing blood stained clothes. She didn't agree at first but gave in after multiple requests. Virat stayed with KIA. Anushka went home, had a shower and changed clothes and when she was about to leave for hospital again, she got a call from the specialist doctor from Mumbai. She gave all the details regarding Kiara's health to him and he suggested to instantly bring Kiara to Mumbai and get her admitted there for better and helpful treatment. Anushka didn't waste a minute before leaving for hospital. Virat who was sitting just outside the hospital room all this while got an emergency notice to join in an official online team meeting. He waited for sometime and when he from a distance saw Anushka entering the hospital, he left to attend his call. But when Anushka reached and found Virat missing, she felt bad again. All she thought was "Couldn't he just wait for me to come before going anywhere?" But little did she know that it's what exactly he did. Anushka talked to the doctors at hospital for Kaira's discharge and completed all the formalities. All this while, she kept waiting for Virat to show up but he was stucked in that long meeting. She finally lost all the hopes of him coming and took Kiara alone with herself to the airport, in between stopping at Virat's house to take the luggage. And in no time, Anushka was sitting in the plane bidding bye to the place where she got some really painful memories.

******************************************
I know I'm the worst for making you guys wait for so long but my reasons for being missing in action are quite big otherwise I would've never done this... I'm honestly not satisfied with this chapter and I may edit it soon when i get time but i didn't have the heart to make you all wait more so published it.
Vote and comment

P.S: Much love to all the readers who patiently waited for me to come back and lots of hugs and kisses to the ones who checked on me. I really feel contented seeing your love and affection ❤️❤️

Keep reading, Stay happy 😁