He was gone.

...fuck.

A playful fear built up in my chest, a nervous smile playing on my lips as I spun around, looking for him.

He was no where to be seen, the only thing surrounding me was the woods that we had shallowly entered.

In the distance I spotted the clearing that lead to the front yard. The blanket lay empty, and I smirked as I thought of a new game we could play.

I put my hands to my mouth, cupping them to make my next words louder.

"If I make it to the blanket I win!" I called out.

What am I winning? I have no idea, I just know he can't stand "losing" so I like to add those words to up the stakes.

Makes it more...

Entertaining.

With that I took off towards the clearing, avoiding roots and anything that could slow me down.

A low growl reverberated around me, and butterflies twisted up in my stomach.

Shadows started crawling from the ground, lapping at my ankles and reaching for me. I hopped over them and scoffed.

"Is that the best you got, loser!" I called out, then heard him laugh from somewhere. It sounded like it was all around me, and I rolled my eyes.

Finally I made it out of the forest, hopping over the final shadow.

I lifted my arms and celebrated, giggling as the blanket got closer and closer.

I stopped right in front of it, putting my hands on my hips and staring down at it. My head swiveled as I looked side to side, making sure there were no tricks or voodoo magic to avoid.

Lifting my foot over the blanket, I slowly lowered it, "looks like you're the lose–"

Suddenly something wrapped around my leg, up to my torso. I tried to quickly step on the blanket but I got lifted from the ground, something suspending me in the air.

I looked down at what it could be, and saw he'd wrapped his voodoo tendrils around me. Slowly they spiraled around me like vines, restraining me.

I struggled, and kicked. That did nothing, though, and soon I was fully bound, having nothing more I could do.

Footsteps crunched closer to me, and he came into view.

He had a smug smile, hands behind his back as he stared up at me.

"Tsk tsk, my love...you know better than to challenge me~" he purred up at me, and I scrunched my nose at him.

He stood on the blanket, smirking at me with lowered eyelids.

"I win." He said simply.

I rolled my eyes, but smiled.

He then stepped forward, approaching me as the tendrils slowly pulled me closer to him.

They set me down right in front of him, pulling away from my body and disappearing.

"My dear, you realize you called yourself my prey, correct?" He cooed at me, brushing his fingers across my cheek.

I gave him a teasing grin, closing the space between us even further and slipping my fingers under his black T-shirt.

I walked them up his torso, running them back down to the hem of his pants.

"I do...what about it," I said, giving him a challenging stare.

He growled, running his hands down my sides, gripping my waist tightly. His claws pressed against me, but he didn't cut or hurt me.